Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-09-2001, 01:42 PM   #11
demus
Manshoon

Uh, ok, so I'm a bit late with this, but I would like to put in some solid advice for the Mantle of Trademeet quest. I would advise that you initially side with the man (Alibakkar I think) because, SPOILER below:
After you have started this quest off the mayor will approach you and ask you to give him the Mantle. Do this, then go into the blokes house and attack him with all of your people, then kill off his gaurds (works best if you pick pocket all of them first, so they have no weapons ) and collect the Items from his corpse. Amongst these items should be some money and a suit of Elven Armour which is INCREDIBLY usedful for any mage (including NPCs) as it has an AC of 4 (i think) and allows the character to use bracers or gloves to make then stronger or better at combat.

Well, that's my advice anyway, but it's your choice

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin and Undead Hunter of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 06-10-2001, 01:07 AM   #12
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

MM, the Elven armor is good, but not that good I believe, I think bracers AC3 are better for a mage, and you can wear robes of the archmagi, or the add-on robe of Venca.
Can you cast through the Elven chainmail? I don't remember if you can or can't. I know you can cast through the Bladesinger Elven mail later in the game, but I don't know if the regular Elven chain is castable.
I know the damn Drow mail isnt
Old 06-10-2001, 02:47 AM   #13
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

yes, it is castable through. the fountain stays the same, and if you let him stay you have a permenant temple if ur in that area needing help. and gold is on the second floor in the shelf where u found the key.