Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2002, 09:41 AM   #51
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
BTW did you know your name was also carried by one of King Philip of Macedon´s generals? And the name of a rich Roman senator?
Yeah, I always thought that Priscus Attalus (who was actually proclaimed Emperor twice) was named after the Greek general. But, I didn't get the name from there. Galadria made it up when I decided to play a paladin in BGII.
Morning, Saz. Hopoe that Denton is as bright and beautiful as here.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:45 AM   #52
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Atty, you seem to take a pervese delight in braggin about the weather - or does it just come across to me like that... just coz its almost *always* dull and grey over here... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 10:04 AM   #53
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Of course I do, my dear Calaethis, because Texas has the greatest Novembers on the planet. Now, if we just had a poet to write something like "Home Thoughts From Abroad," ("What is so rare as a day in June...") about our blue, just-cool-enough Novembers. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 10:13 AM   #54
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Why Daddy! What a wonderful idea! Insted of writing fantasy stories, you could write peotry for "mother".. I'm sure Lady G would be flattered *laughs* Then you could compare *her* to the weather... *innocent look*
Old 11-19-2002, 10:19 AM   #55
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
quote:
This place really died when the "fashion show" ended. Hmm maybe I´ll pick it up again Let´s see who would be a good 1st victim [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
OOH OOH!! Pick me! Pick me! (Don't know why I am doing this.)[/QUOTE]Some one is really in trouble. Waxing eh willow, do i have to involved in everything ....... Yeah i do [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 10:20 AM   #56
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Good Morning, Saz!

Ok, I suppose I need to do some work now...back later!
Old 11-19-2002, 10:52 AM   #57
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

[quote]Originally posted by Attalus:
Quote:
[qb]
Morning, Saz. Hopoe that Denton is as bright and beautiful as here.
Oh, it is, Attalus. Clear and chilly. [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't know about you guys, but I'm seeing more color this autumn than I normally do. Last year I think we went from green to brown overnight, LOL! I love seeing the foliage, and I'm lucky that Denton's still part of the Woodbine Sand terrain, because just west of us the terrain changes to Austin Chalk and bedrock and it's flat and very sparse foliage. Eccch!

Interesting thing I found out. I've been having headaches recently...little naggy things and I thought it was just sinuses. Then I read a report about one of the major fault lines that passes through Mexico City having some seismic activity recently. This happens to be the same fault line that passes through the western part of Denton! Come to find out, Denton's been having tiny little earthquakes!! Not enough to really be noticeable, but from what I read, it's enough to cause headaches, nausea, and irritability. Freaky!

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-19-2002, 10:55 AM   #58
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Good Morning, Saz!

Ok, I suppose I need to do some work now...back later!
Good morning, Cloudy! Well, today is lab day for my class so I have more time to "surf" if you get my drift. I'm doing work, too...just created an exam for my Business Math class (eccch pooey). Markups and markdowns and percentage changes...that kind of thing.

-Sazerac

Old 11-19-2002, 10:57 AM   #59
MagiK

'Morning all [img]smile.gif[/img] And a Happy bright sunny Tuesday it is too. Opinions are solicited from everyone over in my ...Jackass thread

Who needs coffee when you have been smitten?

Old 11-19-2002, 11:03 AM   #60
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
'Morning all [img]smile.gif[/img] And a Happy bright sunny Tuesday it is too. Opinions are solicited from everyone over in my ...Jackass thread

Who needs coffee when you have been smitten?
Just posted there, MagiK! Haw, haw! Oh, and congrats to you! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Sazerac