Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2001, 04:43 AM   #1
Beda
Welcomed New User

I have a problem with healing my solo pixie character (Wizard(10):Ranger(11):
Paladin(11):Monk(11):Warlock(12):Ninja(12):Barbari an(9)).
Every spell or potion fizzles ... Has anyone had such a problem?
Beda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 09:32 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Aren't you a vampire? If you are, then forget all healing means in the game except healing in the temple (the temple heals HP, not the vampirism). You must heal yourself by means of Vampiric Beat.
1. There are 2 places where you can become a vampire: the Shurugeon Ruins (Lyssandra) and the Skull Castle (Adrianna). Where are you?
2. Check your list of traits. Does the list contain Vampirism?
3. Check your Special Abilities: Does the list contain the Vampiric Beat?
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 10:33 AM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Hi Beda, welcome to the board.

Were you a vampire? Tell us how you make out.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 11:40 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Beda!!!

Did Radek and Ryanamur correctly guess that your character is a vampire?

Are you running the patch? Check out the Best Tips thread for a list of what the patch fixes and removes from the game (I run the game without the patch).

Hope we can find a solution for your problem!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 01:50 PM   #5
Beda
Welcomed New User

Hi guys, thank you for your quick answers. My save is not available for
now, but I think I'm vampire . Actually I didn't notice the moment when
I get this ability, but I've just finished Shurugeon Ruins, and has spoken
to Lyssandra... So I have great chances ... By the way is it cool to be a
vampire? What advantages they have? I noticed only problems and of course
it's cool now to use my spirit magic .
Old 07-23-2001, 03:11 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Beda!!

I personally didn't like the vampire option and haven't played it. If you are "vamped" you should probably install the patch if you haven't already done so. I think there is some information in the Best Tips thread related to vamps. There is a post about the patch - what it fixes and what it removes. There are quite a few players who have played vampires - so hopefully one of them will post a reply soon with a lot more useful information that I have.
I am trying to recall - I think you have to equip something in the "shield" spot on your character inventory to be able to use the vampire bite attack.

There is no cure for vampirism. You either have to restore your game from before you became a vamp or tough it out.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 04:30 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

I don't think it is cool but if it already happened:
1. Bless your armor (robe, etc.) three times for Regeneration (Artifact of Spirit needed). Vampires can regenerate.
2. Heal by Vampire Bite every time you can. To use the ability, you must select Vampire Bite in your Special Abilities first and attack with Special Abilities active.
I have no experience with vampires so that I cannot produce more helpful ideas. Sorry.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 09:43 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I may be missing something here, but are you positive on the vampire thing? Your profession indicates that you are currently a Barbarian, the only role that has no magic affinity at all. Can you in fact cast any spells, or is it just spirit magic that don't work. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that the "work at half rate" magic won't apply to the big dumb barbarian dudes. I think you may have to change jobs again. Then again , you may really be a vampire . So, tell me, who was right (do I get a cookie?????).

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 05:38 PM   #9
Beda
Welcomed New User

Hello again,

I tried to be vampire and ... I don't like it . I have some troubles with Gauntlet in Boogre Prison and decided to reload (actually after reading your
BEST TIPS topic I started new character ).

What's about casting Barbarian ---
it's Ok my barbarian casts all spells learned before (actually all spells in the game ). I found it funny combination ``casting barbarian'' too . In the very beginning of his career he used only ranged magical attacks , and still prefer them (especially ``lifesteal'' --- the only healing spell for vamp).

Old 07-24-2001, 06:10 PM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Awwwwww - NO COOKIE .

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote