Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2001, 07:51 AM   #1
wills

I have reached erathsmedor at the end of the dragonspire section but I cannot get him to give me the sword and let me out! I have given him the shroud and used every word I can think of while talking to him. What is the secret word he is after ( I have used 'elseramavin' as suggested within a walkthrough )? Thanks
Old 03-04-2001, 08:25 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This problem has happened to many players.

I believe the trick is that you have to select Elseramavin from the talk window - that you cannot type it in to get it to work. Sometimes you just have to be persistant - click on Elseramavin or type it in a couple of times and see if Erathsmedor doesn't finally accept what you are saying.

ALSO - Eraths doesn't actually GIVE you the sword - he opens a door to another room in which you will find the sword (so you may actually already have access). Be certain to let the whole narration as you pick up the sword play out because that will trigger the opening of the exit!

Good luck!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 11:44 AM   #3
Elliecat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had the same problem typing elseramavin in I thing you're right it must be selected from the scroll. I also had an interesting problem - is it usual to have to reload Erathmador's cavern twice before the other room opens up - took me ages to get out of there!
Elliecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 04:35 PM   #4
AliCat
Drow Warrior

I've never had to reload the Dragon Spire once in there, so I don't think that's true. You do need to pick the word "Elseramavin" from the scrolled selection of words -- you cannot type it in or he won't hear you. I also found it useful to use the character wearing the holy signet ring to talk to the dragon.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 05:32 PM   #5
Max
Dungeon Master

I had this probelm the first time through but not the second. The only thing I done different the second time was when talking to D'sotos ghost in Shurugeon ruins at the end after defeting (can't remember hes name now the big red dude who you give the face of evil to) he said to me elseramavin, where as in the first game I left before he said that. So I think this may be where the bug is that you have to let D'soto say elseramavin to you there for it to be in your word selection at dragon spire.

If nothing works try going back to shurugeon ruins, if D'soto is still there you may be able to get him to say it and then try the dragon again.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 05:11 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

I think it's true that you need to have heard the secret word from D'Soto before you can tell it to the dragon, but why is that a bug?
After killing Haleabus D'Soto even warns you when you leave the throne room that he has important information you need to hear. And how are your characters supposed to know the secret word otherwise?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote