Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-07-2003, 06:02 PM   #1
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

When and how do u get the quest from that nickademus(something like that)???
Old 02-07-2003, 06:15 PM   #2
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

You go into the ice temple and find nickademus. Ask him for a favor. (before you wake him up, take the items off the bookcase.) He will ask for a favor in return, but doesn't use your favor for a while. (not until you have gotten dragon's eye to erupt.) If you have stolen the things on his bookshelf, ask him for items as the favor. What he says next is funny. (don't worry, he'll let you have another favor instead.) I reccomend asking him to tell you about his travels. You gain somewhere just below 1000 exp per character with a party of six. If you made ondabo the genie mad, you need a character with a high int. If the genie is mad and your characters aren't all that bright, I think you can ask nickademus what Allez'kzzrnt is. Either that or ask how to defeat it. If you ask how to defeat it, he casts minor elemental barrier on the party. See other threads to find out the rest of the ice temple quest.
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:22 PM   #3
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

I forgot to add that...
Nickademus is in a small room inside the prism room.
your favor in return is...
Kill the demons he has summoned. They move around, so it takes a while to find them all. Theyr'e mostly a weak demon called a lemure, but the rest are usually strong. He will not ask for your favor for a VERY long time. Many of the monsters are worth a load of exp.

"Not yet demon, I still have one card left... Allies! I summon thee! I SUMMON THEE!!"

The initial monster is the toughest one.
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:44 PM   #4
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

so after u destory dragons eye you have to some how make it back to the ice temple and talk to nickademus??
Old 02-07-2003, 06:47 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

No, when you exit Dragon's Eye, Nicky will call you in with a spell. You don't have to go to the ice temple yourself. And when you're done, you'll be sent to where you should have been before the summons, so there's no traveling involved.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:51 PM   #6
zakharak
The Magister

Dar'tanian:

Did you know that Dragon's Eye would be destroyed? I had no idea and frankly, now i wish i didn't know that. Oh, well, i'm sure someone would have told me sooner or later. I'M STOKED!!

One other thing. I only made it to level 3 of Battle Square and kept saying to myself i would return to finish, but i haven't made it back. Now i am in Kuldahar with no return. Hopefully i will get back there to finish.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:51 PM   #7
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

thanks but i dont no if im gonna quit the game befor i even get there im starting to fall asleep with thi dragon garbage!! but i got it figured out.