Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 08-15-2003, 11:09 PM   #61
Khazza Pilgrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The last couple of stats posted at least seem realistic. Might try the saving my highest roll, recall and re-roll. You are probably right that there is nothing special about this method but,,, you never know. Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:13 PM   #62
Firetoad
Dungeon Master

By far the best character needs TSC installed: Human Fighter/ Druid Dual Class
Start as a human fighter with:
18/97 Str.
18 dex.
15 const.
3 intell.
18 wisdom
16 charisma
Go to sixth level to get both extra weapon proficienicys in Large Sword (for Scimitars)
Dual to druid after getting Charisma tome.
Let the rest of the party "carry" you to a level 7 Druid. Now you are indestructible, you could ditch your whole party and go solo through all but the expansion parts (where you need to detect and remove traps). You can kill anything with your scimitar skill, and you can wear the best metal armor, with the Guard ring, and the Sune ring, and wield serious power with the eventual 21 wisdom, cast 5th level priest spells, and use Call Lightning. Put on the Displacement cloak, Balduran's Helm and end up with 19 str., 19 dex, 16 const., 4 intell, 21 wisdom, 17 charisma.
Also, with a scimitar and sling, fighter druids can carry all sheilds, no restrictions, so get the +1, +4 missile Large Sheild, and you are set.
Firetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 07:47 PM   #63
Firetoad
Dungeon Master

This is probably missing the point of RPG and challenge, but for some good old fashioned butt-kicking it is hard to beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:44 AM   #64
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Actually, it's very easy to beat. Kensai/Mage with 18/18/18/18/10/18. 100 points, not that rare.

You're right, it's horrible for roleplaying. How could you be so strong, wise, dextrous etc. and be such an idiot at the same time?
Old 08-22-2003, 02:43 AM   #65
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrenk:
Actually, it's very easy to beat. Kensai/Mage with 18/18/18/18/10/18. 100 points, not that rare.

You're right, it's horrible for roleplaying. How could you be so strong, wise, dextrous etc. and be such an idiot at the same time?
Let's see :
Me fight with big shiny sword. Me no slow with sword. Me crush you, crush you to go!

Let's see, fights with the sword (strong), not slow (dexterous), and knows to kill (that sounds pretty wise to me [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). It's got the ogre talk, so it makes a perfect idiot .

And also, ever notice how lots of spell casters in the game are intellegent, but not wise, which could be quite typical of an 'ambitious spellcaster.' Do you expect to see a wise AND intelligent spell caster all the time?... Of course not

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #66
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Akira Rasthemeson

Dwarf Cleric lvl 7
(before tomes)
str 18
des 17
con 19
int 13
wis 18
chr 14

he was my first PnP character (his con is significantly higher now than it was when I rp'ed him) and I took him from a 0-lvl commoner to saint-hood(effectively made him a demigawd, or a proxy for planescape players).
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 08:44 PM   #67
dragonlancer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Jackell
Old 08-26-2003, 09:00 PM   #68
dragonlancer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

whoops

Jackell
Half-elf Ranger
Lvl 4
Bows**
Small swords*
Large swords*
Strength-18
Dexterity-17
Constitution-14
Intellegence-16
Wisdom-15
Charisma-9(i dont really care about charisma that much)

I just started this charecter because i just got the game a bit ago. I used to play bgII but wanted to finish bgI first.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:24 PM   #69
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by dragonlancer:
whoops

Jackell
Half-elf Ranger
Lvl 4
Bows**
Small swords*
Large swords*
Strength-18
Dexterity-17
Constitution-14
Intellegence-16
Wisdom-15
Charisma-9(i dont really care about charisma that much)

I just started this charecter because i just got the game a bit ago. I used to play bgII but wanted to finish bgI first.
Don't care about Charisma, you have to buy things that are more expensive, e.g. with 17-18 charisma, you can knock off a third of the price, not to mention if you have high rep which knocks off more (50%) you can see one of the benefits of being a paladin
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 12:22 PM   #70
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Paladin with 20 rep and 20 Cha (Al's cloak/Nymph cloak). Sweeeet.