Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
Elviessa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Can't train?

For some reason when I want to train my priest it wont let me it just says "(preist name) is in training" when i move the cursor over the skill what hsould i do?
Elviessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Default Re: Can't train?

You can train only once per leveling up. As if each leveling up chartacter got one "training right" for each skill in the game - not only for those skills it already knows. The character "pays" for the training by the corresponding "training right". After training, the character must wait until it gains next level and gets all training rights again.
If the character has already spent the corresponding training right, you get the message that the character is in training.
Therefore, train after every leveling up and level up and train ASAP. Note that the training rights do not stack: if you level up by 4 levels (or four times), you get only one training rights, not four! You need to spend your training rights before next leveling up.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
Law
Dungeon Master

My two cents:

You can train once per level per guild. So when you are a member of several guilds you can train in each each level.

Changing classes does not clear the "training right" so if you train before changing classes you can't train when you are level 1 in the new class. Since the skills/traits that you can train may change based on your class you need to plan for that.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I remember that confusing me the first time I saw it. There was no indication that the training had taken place... I had to record my stats beforehand, train, and then check to see that it worked.

Law is absolutely right on once per guild, too. And let me add one more note that I've made... try to save quest completion until just after you change classes. I don't know how many times I've completed a quest, gotten a measly 1000 XP, and then changed class, only to realize that those "measly" 1000 XP would have put that character to level 2 in her new class...

I'll also adventure long enough to raise one level, level up, and get ready for a second level. Go into town, visit all your guilds, level up in the last one, and visit them all again. Two rounds of training for the time of one! What a deal!

Only time that stinketh is when you level up four or five times... then you waste those training rights, as Radek mentioned.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote