Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2002, 05:31 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Ah, yes, the good old BG1 days when Jaheira was the most despised NPC of the game (though I have to admit that from time to time I wanted to reach in through my screen and choke the life out of Edwin). People hated her with a passion or at least they had a very, very strong dislike. When BG2 was announced I can still hear the waves of disbelief that Jaheira was coming back. Now we have the "beloved" Anomen, *cough* *cough*, who drives normal people into having obsessive-compulsive thoughts and actions of inflicting as much pain, humiliation and death upon this NPC.

So here is the situation. Both are in your party, the scripted BG1 Jaheira and the scripted BG2 Anomen. Now to make this fair don't rush your answer. Usually because BG2 is much fresher people will have the tendency to go with Anomen. So relax, think back and try to remember Jaheira's melodious voice and demeanor as she castegated almost every move you made, especially if your rep was high. Ponder, ponder, ponder. Weight out the facts. Now, who gets wasted first and why?
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 07:37 PM   #2
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Yes i remember now She was a bitch...nevertheless id still rather blast Anomen into space althoughthere is something really fun about havig him in you party then leaving him in the underdark to ROT!!!! HAHAHAHHAHHWHHEehehehheehhheehee erm yes
Old 06-12-2002, 07:38 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Jaheira...hands down, anyday. Anomen is a wuss that will shut up if you ignore him long enough, but Jaheira is, in her own words from BG1..."insufferable."

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 07:41 PM   #4
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Jaheira...hands down, anyday. Anomen is a wuss that will shut up if you ignore him long enough, but Jaheira is, in her own words from BG1..."insufferable."

-Sazerac
this is very true!!!

Saz i know thi is off topic but could you help me with altering my sig so's that only the lettering remains???
Old 06-12-2002, 08:04 PM   #5
Helspanth
Quintesson

Jaheira WAS pretty annoying back in BG.
However neither BG Jaheira nor BG2 Anomen annoy me as that Gnome from BG2!
I can't stand Jansen(BTW Quale-sp?- was even more annoying...What's with those gnomes anyway?)
Old 06-12-2002, 08:11 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:

Saz i know thi is off topic but could you help me with altering my sig so's that only the lettering remains???
Yes, I can. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll fix that for you later this evening when I get off work. I'll post that over in GD, though.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

Old 06-12-2002, 08:13 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Helspanth:
Jaheira WAS pretty annoying back in BG.
However neither BG Jaheira nor BG2 Anomen annoy me as that Gnome from BG2!
I can't stand Jansen(BTW Quale-sp?- was even more annoying...What's with those gnomes anyway?)
Wow, I always thought Jan was rather funny myself! But you're right, he does get to be a bit much after awhile. Still, I'd say Jaheira is hors' d'combat in my game. If the only reason people keep her around is for "Insect Plague", get Cernd instead, or learn how to disrupt spells with missiles.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

Old 06-12-2002, 08:17 PM   #8
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Oh yesssss... I remember Jaheira. 40 hit points...tsk, tsk. My favorite thing I would do to her was to blast her with a wand of frost. Those were SO powerful back then. She would freeze into a jaheira-shaped ice cube, and blast apart, and Khalid would say "Jah..Jaheira? No, NO!!!!". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! [img]graemlins/rambo.gif[/img] BAM! HAHA! Er, *ahem* sorry, got a little carried away there. Anyway, I hate jaheira more than anomen. A lot more. Still, I like to do the Flesh To Stone - Imprison- Freedom - Stone to Flesh- Disintigrate combo on Anomen, but I still hate Jaheira from BG1 more.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:25 PM   #9
Helspanth
Quintesson

Well Saz this shows that two radically different oppinions can be both correct!
Jaheira is a little annoying(although I admit that in BG1 she was terrible)but I use her in all my games,save the evil one.
She works fine for me as a tank and has all the healing spells I need.
Jan however...I just can't stand him although he is a good NPC in general.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:04 PM   #10
Wynne
Dungeon Master

BG1 JAHEIRA MUST DIE.

Hands down, BG1 Jaheira. At least Anomen has an excuse for his stupid attitudes (the paladins, snooty as they were, offered him something better than the back of Cor's hand.) But Jaheira... ugh. Nothin' doin'.