Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-24-2001, 03:43 AM   #41
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Stealth,
be happy, we will take photos while Yorick is here, and send or post some for you to see !
Plus, as Yorick seems to be going to Scotland after France, I will give him a video movie with the French Stallone voice to bring to you. You absolutely have to hear "Pour gagner la guerre, il faut devenir la guerre" !
Old 02-24-2001, 06:27 AM   #42
Donut (Son of Donut)

Yorick. Sri Lanka 470-5 declared. Deep woe!

Old 02-24-2001, 06:41 AM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Donut,

Hah! Australia will be going into the first Test against India with three quicks, you watch. If the Windies could do it 15 years ago, why can't we?
Old 02-24-2001, 06:46 AM   #44
Stealth Bomber

Thanks Moiraune I hope he is here before March 21st when I leave for Norway. Have fun with Yorick and give him my best.

Old 02-24-2001, 11:38 AM   #45
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Oh my, I'm in love with Switzerland. The people, the mountains and lakes, the old cities, the food (I DO like the Italian element in Switz.) Ooooh...
I'm in Genève after taking the train through a very scenic route and having lunch with two wonderful people I just met - one on the train and the other in Laussane. An Australian, a Swiss and a Byelorussian. Very cool.

Alas poor England, I knew them Donut.... a team of infinite mystery.

Hellfire that is something I'd much like to do.

Mem. Yeah! Why give them spin? They play it better than anyone.
Old 02-24-2001, 04:24 PM   #46
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Just bumping for Yoraine or is it Morick?
Old 02-25-2001, 12:53 AM   #47
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hey, hey, guess where I am?

Huh? That easy hey?

I'm staying with the most hospitable family possible. Moiraine, Luc and their son Marc are quite simple so wonderously open, generous and friendly it's left me feeling very humbled. They've put me up in a lovely wooden walled room complete with a shuttered window that opens to a glorious view of snowcapped alps. The house is an absolute dream, large, warm, full of mountain charm. Makes my one bedroom apartment in Sydney seem very small.

Went for a walk with them through some of the most glorious mountain forest, have been given samples of the finest French cheese, wine, bread and music and partaken in much intriguing conversation. Actually one bit of food: goats cheese wrapped in bacon and peppered with chives was quite simply one of the nicest tastes I've ever experienced!
Walking through the Alpine forest is a different experience. In Oz tracks are necessary or travel impossible hard, and always snakes and spiders are to be wary of. Here of course there is none of the like, and the forest floor felt like something out of a fantasy novel.

My goodness...

Moiraine has just discovered how slow a typist I am. Mind you this French keyboard is slowing me down, with the letters all over the shop!

I've found Luc is a wonderful human being (and you all know some of Moiraines qaulities I'm sure), verily they live in a mountain paradise. Lucky am I to be shown this.

Oh yeah, boy am I glad they speak Anglais!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2001, 12:55 AM   #48
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

P.S. talk about a view. The house is high above the Grenoble valley and has a view of such scope it's simply magnifique.
Old 02-25-2001, 01:01 PM   #49
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick,

Wonderful posts as usual! And now you've made Moiraine and Luc's place sound like the best resort around! Watch out she doesn't have us all booking reservations!

Have a good time!

Cloudy
Old 02-25-2001, 01:04 PM   #50
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Yorick--
Just wanted to say WOW! I am so jealous and envious of you (and Moiraine, Luc,& Marc)! It must be such an exhilirating feeling meeting someone in person after having talked to them for so long. Good luck with the rest of your journey.
Moiraine--
What a beautiful place you live in! My wonderful view of downtown Minneapolis now seems like I am looking at a waste dump It must be so nice to wake every morning and look out upon mother nature in her most splendid form. Have fun with Yorick, but don't fatten him up too much on all the cheese/wine/bread/bacon....I'm sure he would hate to have to buy larger clothes for the rest of his trip