Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2000, 05:44 AM   #31
Armisael

Yeah, I do that too. Coming in looking really tired can sometimes score points, as well. It can go either way, depending on whether or not your boss smells the beer on your breath. Seems like tired and frustrated = working hard.

Old 12-15-2000, 05:45 AM   #32
Armisael

(as opposed to hung over and not getting any)

Old 12-15-2000, 05:46 AM   #33
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

LOL
yep you in turn are correct!

I always refer these chatting to "inspirational chatting".
I have nothing else to do right now so I spread some enjoyment I hope..
Old 12-15-2000, 06:09 AM   #34
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm currently reading George R.R. Martins Storm of Swords. As someone posted earlier its a GREAT series. I noticed nobody has mention Michael Moorcocks Elric of Melnibone or Chronicles of Corum series. They are both good! The Eye and Hand of Vecna came from the Chronicles of corum. And the rock band Blue Oyster Cult based the song "Black Blade" about Elric and his evil soul-sucking sword. They were also in the original Dietys and Demigods AD&D book but deleted for the same reason as the Cthulthu by Lovecraft.
Old 12-15-2000, 06:50 AM   #35
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hey gang... Memooch told me recently (well awhile ago since its the 3rd post in this topic) that there is a book and BG1. i saw the book recently but i didnt have enough dough to buy it... the next day it was gone and i havent seen it again... my friend bought it and lent it to me... i finished it in one day... believe me when i say its a "short short story"... and for me, its sooooooo wierd. compared with the gameplay itself.

a little spoiler for those who havent finish the bg1 game but i assume you have since this is a BG2 FORUM (lol) anyway... when i read the book, Sarevok didnt kill Gorion, instead, a lucky bowman killed one of the strongest mages in that game... wierd (and Sarevok was in a room somewhere far away) . throughout the entire game, i didnt see (well hardly saw) any mages and the main character which was Abdel, a pure simple fighter, only had like 3-4 companions at most and 1 the least. and there like 10+ npc in the game and i only saw Montheron, Xzar, Khalid, Jahera, and Xan... and the beastly Korak who became only of the important people in the book yet in the game play he was just a direcharmed ghoul and when you sleep, he attacks you. that measly ghoul rescued the main character out of the dungeon when falsly accused yet in the game play it was Therinthil (oh heck, his name is so hard to spell!) who teleported you out of the jail cage. another thing was Jahera hardly (more like never) used her druid spells against the enemies. finally, Khalid was killed in the book and Jahera fell in love with you (sounds familar eh?) yet that was still BG1 and it was suppose to be BG2 when Khalid dies... i also never so the brave Minsc and the author didnt include any sidequest at all... the main character, his strongest weapon of all was a measly normal broadsword. imagine... so many magical items and all he has is a plain old chainmail and a sword... while Jahera was the only companion left to be alive with him and all the others dead... you cant even ressurect them... so (it didnt really suck but) i found it really really wierd that in the end (Sarevok can cast spells by the way) it was pretty lame and Angelo even helped you defeat him (wasnt he the bad guy?)

so to all those who read the book ? how did you feel?
Old 12-15-2000, 07:03 AM   #36
_max_RUSSKIE

hhhm have any of you read Usula Le Guin's: Earthsea trilogy (Wizard of Earthsea, The Tombs of Atuan, The Farthest Shore?). It is one of the best books i have read and recommend any of you to read it.

David Eddings? Hes ok but i think th stories get a bit too bogged down by there own plot in the end.

Gormonghast trilogy anyone??

Yup Pratchet rocks big time. (My sister has met him! In Oxford (where she studies--Maughdalin college if you must know) He took a lecture, waahey!)

Well anyway, what is the Baldurs Gate book called and who is the author?

Old 12-15-2000, 07:35 AM   #37
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... its a forgotten realm book name: Baldurs Gate (duh!!) Author: Philip Athans... anyway im not really a fan of Tolkein since he is kinda old fashion in his style of writing and i find it boring (hey im one of the new generation here!! age: 17) since its like monotonic ... (well for me it is). my friend tells me he is like one of the fathers of Fantasy books and he is a great author (still for me no comment) i tried (really did) to finished the book called: "unfinished tales" (well something like that) and i found myself dozing off (not literelly but you get my drift) ...
Old 12-15-2000, 08:08 AM   #38
WOLFGIR

Well try the Lord of the ring instead, the other books aren´t that good, Simarillion can make anyone fall to sleep and unfinished tales is mostly finished by his son so.. well you haven´t really tried the real Tokien..
The Lord of the ring can be a bit tirering in the beginning but you ought to give it a try!
Old 12-15-2000, 08:36 AM   #39
Zertyr

I just spoke to a co worker of mine, and she had
a GREAT idea about boring books you have to read.

Put in a nude pic every 10 pages, should keep you
reading as she said! I ofcourse asked her if I could
get some pictures of her and put into a book by
F.Kafka, she just grined at me and told me to hang
out by the coffe machine more often!!

hmmmmmmmm

Old 12-15-2000, 08:50 AM   #40
WOLFGIR

LOL
Well sounds like things are working out great at your job, wish we had a cofferoom like that
Hmm, well maybe I should by something of Kaffka and ask this girl I now.. hehe