Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2002, 08:39 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

How does this work?

I was level drained and cast a lesser restoration with no results, so I drank a potion of lesser restore(thinking my fighters armor 'fubar'ed the spellcasting), but it didn't work either.

Finally after reading the instructions(the description of the spell), it doesn't seem like the restoration is the same kind as in the BG series.

Does it wear off with time like poison? I didn't think to try resting; I just reloaded(the next time the trap was something simple).

Also,before reloading, I checked my character's stat page, and I didn't seem to be missing a level, but I still had the level drained icon beside my picture.

[ 10-04-2002, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-04-2002, 09:40 PM   #2
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Well, you've been using the wrong spell. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Lesser Rstoration doesn't cure level drain, it just cures minor things like stat drain. You need to either cast Greater Restoration or Restoration on yourself, or go to the Temple of Tyr and ask the priest to heal you. You will then be cured of your level drain.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:16 AM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

Also,before reloading, I checked my character's stat page, and I didn't seem to be missing a level, but I still had the level drained icon beside my picture.
Level drain is different in NWN than in BG, instead of draining levels it drains stats, like strength and such. AFAIK it doesn't wear off, and you have to cure it because it keeps draining them until you have 0.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:35 AM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

[/qb][/QUOTE]Level drain is different in NWN than in BG, instead of draining levels it drains stats, like strength and such. AFAIK it doesn't wear off, and you have to cure it because it keeps draining them until you have 0.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Actually, poison and disease are the two main things that drain stats, not level drain. Lesser restoration restores stats that have been drained/damaged due to poison and disease (since curing the poison or disease just stops you from taking more damage, rather than restoring any lost stats). Restoration or Greater Restoration both remove level drain, along with stat damage.

How level drain works is this: every time a level draining creature hits you, you must make a save or get a negative level. This gives the icon that you see on the character screen. For each negative level you get, you get a -1 cumulative modifier to attack rolls and skill checks, and you lose your highest memorized spell (also cumulative). After a day, you must make another save for each negative level you have. For each save you succeed at, then that negative level is removed with no ill effects. However, for each one you fail, that becomes a permanent level drain, with all effects of losing an entire level.

Your best bet if you are drained is to jump back to the Temple of Tyr and let them heal you. It is free, and will remove all ill effects immediately. Otherwise, you risk getting caught up in doing this or that and forgetting that you have a time limit before you have to make another save.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 09:10 AM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

All these changes are the reason I ordered the 3rd Edition Player's Guide [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 09:49 PM   #6
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
All these changes are the reason I ordered the 3rd Edition Player's Guide [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually, the rules concerning poison, disease, level drain, etc. are in the 3rd edition DM's Guide. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote