Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2004, 03:29 PM   #1
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I made it through Burial Isle by the skin of my teeth! I had to lower the difficulty level,which I'm not proud of, but thats the way it goes!Didn't even get all the treasure but got what counts. Now it's back to Lonelywood and then to Gloomfrost. I saved a game to get back to Kuldahar when I spoke to Hjolder, just incase I want to finish w/o HOW. I thought that levels 18 & 19 would get me through easily, but its not working out that way. my brother is going through w/ 1 fighter/mage and is at level 30. Not having a problem,LOL...Send advice please...
TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:52 PM   #2
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Do you have Trials of the Luremaster? If so, now would be a good place to start it. And you can't come this far without completing Heart of Winter [img]tongue.gif[/img] . So yeah, complete Heart of Winter before completing Icewind Dale.

Wow, level 30 fighter/mage? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Cool - where is he currently? Well, I wish him luck anyway.

Oh and I'm proud to be able to say that I survived Burial Isle with guys at levels 10 + 11 on normal mode!... After many reloads, of course [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Good luck!
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:23 PM   #3
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

We're in our 2nd day of rain in a 5day rain forcast, so we have alot of time on our hands to play! My brother dones landscaping & I'm a garden designer, & we play IWD & BG2 when we can't get outside to work! This is my first time playing a game so my skills need some work. The Wailing Virgins were my downfall to a lower diff. level but my brother has played for a few years and he's in Gloomfest right now, just flying through everything! I'm off to Gloomfest to get my as... kicked . have a good night!
TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:47 PM   #4
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Tl,I can relate to rainy day pc gamming,I do concrete work so when I'm rained out as with you it's time to play!!Am going through IWD again myself,need a new pc to play some or the newer games..
Old 04-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #5
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

As your brother is more experinced he may use different tactics and methods in the game when fighting or whatever. With this advantage of experinence over you TL it's not suprising he finds things a lot easier. So waht exactly is the problem in Gloomfrost TL?
Old 04-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Yah, going toe to toe with drowned dead is suicide unless you are a druid shape shifted into a water elemental.

I found the spirit bear battle to involve the most tactics. Terrain can be an issue here. I usually try to get them to come at me trough the gate so I can concentrate spells there.

[ 04-19-2004, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote