Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-07-2000, 05:08 PM   #21
smaug

im live in turky but my game is american . I ordered online befor it was released and got like 4 weeks ago which really sucked. in case your wandering im in the air force and im stationed in turky. Air traffic control

Old 12-07-2000, 09:06 PM   #22
gunner

Hi all

I'm from Australia as well. living in wollongong at the moment but am originally from the country.

wheather has been a bit strange latly, it is suposed to be mid summer and we have had some pretty cold day (relatively, still around 15-20 c) and wet days.

I thought there was more aussies on the board.

Old 12-07-2000, 10:19 PM   #23
Conan

Its cool reading were you are all from. I feel fortunate not to have had to wait for the game to come out, I was able to get it the day of the release and haven't slept since. As far as content of the game goes, I have read that different countries wil allow or not allow violent themes or visuals in games. We have a game here in America called Soldier of Fortune, The game pretty much sucks but it is violent as hell, in some of the states it was banned or severly restricted in who it could be sold too. I dont think Bg2 is terrible violent but I was curious to see how it was veiwed in other parts of the world.
The weather here isnt too bad around 20F I have know idea what that is in C. As far as cold weather goes, The worst I have ever experianced was around 1983 I lived in Chicago Illinois. For a week straight it was-30 F with a wind chill of -80 F . That was when I started playing video games. You couldnt go outside without getting frost bite.
Anyway its great to see the popularity of BG2 around this small planet of ours.

Old 12-08-2000, 03:41 AM   #24
Mr. Underhill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey Conan,
where are you from in CT, I lived there until just recently, I'm now in Seattle. But I grw up in Faifield If yout know were that is.
Old 12-08-2000, 03:57 AM   #25
_max_RUSSKIE

It all depends on the person:

At 11 i went out and bought bgate1 and completed it in 3 weeks (on the box its sais "15" age rating)
I have been playing q1, doom since '96
I am the best Railer in our clan at q2
Soldier of fortune was cool HEY! It had a *lot* of blood but they were only polygons!

Bgate2 i completed in 5 days solid playing (i suddenly became *sick*---heheh no school)

And im not even 15 yet! so in fact i can only officially play al;l these games next year.

Also i live in russia, so they dont give a sh*t to who they sell anything to as long as you got cash

My parents are open minded about violence in games, and movies : I did watch Clockwork Orange last year.

I didnt get a sudden urge to go out and rape girls (well uhmmm.... no comment)
TO go out and beat up old men with umbrellas.

Well, there you have it, some simple guy the same age might take it differently: but haveing brainy parents and myself that way (i know im modest!) i think i havnt been pshycologically damaged for life.

Hhmm talking about translations for games : Russia is a haven. I remember the hilarious Duke3d rus. version.

Instead of Wanna Dance : Davai zhe malishka!

Bgate 1 was pretty well done , for pirate translation. And fallout1 and 2 is brilliant in russian

Even so, i prefer good ol' brit. version.
Must be boring you : Cya!

Old 12-08-2000, 07:33 AM   #26
bocajab

I live in Denmark (small country just north of germany) anyway I was just in usa and visited a friend there has bg2. well seeing how cool it was I had to get it and I can tell you they are the same, no changes at all.

Old 12-08-2000, 07:35 AM   #27
bocajab

oops I mean (who has bg2)

Old 12-08-2000, 10:02 AM   #28
Conan

Underhill, I live in Norwich. I've lived here for about 10 years. Originally from Chicago.
Max Ruskie, I agree with you, Smart parents make all the differance in the world. Personally for myself I didnt like SOF because the violence was in the game just for the sake to be violent. BG1+2 and particularly the Fallout series had violence in them to propell the story forward. Although you seem to be able to tell the diferance alot of the young people in America cant. Many teens I know dont have there parents around to set them straight. Mine were looking over my shoulder constantly to make sure I was doing what was right. (Don't know if it helped)

Old 12-08-2000, 10:35 AM   #29
_max_RUSSKIE

The whole point about SoF was that it was so tacky, it was funny. At least killing mindless polygons you knew, that you were saving the world from a nuke that would explode in 25 seconds! The whole game was a cliche. After watching commando, you must agree it is so awfull, that in a way it was actually good. Even so, just making the weapons have those devastating animation effects made the wepons have a verry powerfull feel that a lot off action games lack. You couldnt say the weapons went phut phut with weedy damage, they went BOOM.

If they made the game more dark/sinister/gothic that would have been a different question altogether.