Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 04-02-2004, 05:28 AM   #1
Wolf On Fire
Dungeon Master

Towards the end of the game, there is this little girl out the front of a tower. Every time you walk past the tower it shoots arrows at you and the little girl gives you a key to the door. When you go inside there's a tonne of archers pummeling you witharrows all at once. Does anyone have any strategies to defeat them?

Please help me!

-Wolf On Fire
Old 04-02-2004, 10:07 AM   #2
Lymond
Manshoon

The first thing I do is give my tank the boots of speed and anything that enhances missile weapon protection and have him go open the door and come back. Then I heal him up, cast haste on the party and make a run for the door (it's the only thing you can do, really). Once inside, I immediately hit pause and target the archers "man to man" I forget how many archers are in there, but I usually play with 5 or 6 characters, so this works. Of course, send the best hand to hand fighters up against the guys you can reach and use ranged weapons/spells for the rest. Then it's just a matter of paying attention to what's going on and, when one of the enemy dies, targeting someone else.

Hope this helps.

Lymond
Old 04-02-2004, 10:21 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Cast horror!!! if you have more than one spellcaster have both cast it... it becomes much easier then.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:49 PM   #4
Midget Gems

I make sure my Mage(s) has Mirror Image, then I cast Charm, Horror, Web or Confusion type spells on the Archers. It's so much easier if they are not firing at you.