Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 09:26 AM   #41
Link
Jack Burton

Earthdog: he's just a loser!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-15-2001, 05:15 PM   #42
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Jabidas I don't get your reasoning bro. We don't want the kind of stuff Bigbagger posts here. He gets kicked out and has his posts deleted, so he comes back. What would you do? You are quick to criticise the moderating that has effectively kept the Ironworks forum a decent place, yet offer no solutions. How else does he get kept away? Involving others is a logical step. I wish Ziroc had posted the phone number myself. No threats, no visitations, just a hello on the phone. An assertion of reality. This is not a computer game you can "beat". We are real people. I often am bemused that people communicate on the web in a way they never would on the phone or face to face. Like certain webmasters of other sites (no names). Some of that hostile, insulting and offensive communication just wouldn't occur face to face as he'd get a punch in the nose really quick.

Why should we not know who bigbagger is? Privacy should not be taken for granted. This is the real world and one cannot hide behind a pseudo forever.

Bummer that the guy is an Aussie, because I thought most of us had more brains than that.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-15-2001, 05:27 PM   #43
jabidas
Silver Dragon

To be quite frank Yorick I really couldnt give a shit what you do to him, but I know I wouldnt be posting other peoles info on the net because I dont post my own, I guess you dont you post yours either big surprise. So we shouldnt do his for him either its just the kind of thing hed want to do to us and why should we stoop to troll tactics.

Let me make this very clear I appreciate the work the moderators do to keep this a nice friendly place and Im all for banning trolls.

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 05:51 PM   #44
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
To be quite frank Yorick I really couldnt give a shit what you do to him, but I know I wouldnt be posting other peoles info on the net because I dont post my own, I guess you dont you post yours either big surprise. So we shouldnt do his for him either its just the kind of thing hed want to do to us and why should we stoop to troll tactics.

Let me make this very clear I appreciate the work the moderators do to keep this a nice friendly place and Im all for banning trolls.

Actually there is a lot of information around here about who we are and what we do, where we live, what we look like etc etc even photos of us and in some cases our houses. This information has been released over time in a safe, friendly environment. Posting the guys personals "levels the playing field" so to speak. He can access information about say, me and start posting hostile stuff - well now I have access to information about him and can return the favour if necessary.

You cannot put yourself in his shoes and say "well I wouldn't want my personals posted so why should his..." because you aren't in the same league as this guy. It's like saying "I wouldn't want to be locked up in a prison so why should Joe the Axemurderer be locked up?" er.... it's because he crossed the line/broke the law/broke the rules/adversly affected society. This is a consequence of adversly affecting a society.

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 06:00 PM   #45
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Yeah putting a guy in prison for murder is so simialar to this situation its so alike, how coulds axe murders and trolls be so equally evil. Fair punishment is banning the silly git again and forgetting about him posting his personals for anyone to have a go isnt. Fire him out and forget about him.

I wouldnt post my personals unless the people I knew were going to be reading them was trustworthy, thats why I really dont like the action theyve taken what if hes offended some hacker who upon seeing this decides his time is up and destoys the computers in his school or university, yeah theyre really getting the shit end of the stick due to one guy being a jerk and another deciding hes the lone ranger.

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 06:08 PM   #46
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Yeah putting a guy in prison for murder is so simialar to this situation its so alike, how coulds axe murders and trolls be so equally evil. Fair punishment is banning the silly git again and forgetting about him posting his personals for anyone to have a go isnt. Fire him out and forget about him.

I wouldnt post my personals unless the people I knew were going to be reading them was trustworthy, thats why I really dont like the action theyve taken what if hes offended some hacker who upon seeing this decides his time is up and destoys the computers in his school or university, yeah theyre really getting the shit end of the stick due to one guy being a jerk and another deciding hes the lone ranger.

Jabidas you missed the point. I'm not comparing bagger to a murderer. How did you read that? I used that as an example of your attitude taken to it's logical extreme.

Regarding banning the "git". That is what was done. He was banned close to a year ago. This apparently worked until recently when he returned. A further measure was required. Why is this such a problem? Your solution has already been implimented and ignored.

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 06:20 PM   #47
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Im quite sure hell get bored seeing he was only back for a few posts. excuse me but im not really how your example had any relation at all but saying baggers the guy in prison with joe the nutcase isnt quite true because they put terrorists and mass murders into one block by themselves, and are certainly not housed with carthiefs and burgalers. So punishment becomes more severe with every crime. Oh I still dont think he should have posted those things if the moderators want to send official messages to his ISP saying that they want him to be disconnected from their service thats one thing, handing out that info for any random person with a grudge to send screaming insults is another.

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 07:12 PM   #48
Ziroc

jabidas, DROP it.

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-15-2001, 07:18 PM   #49
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... I can't say I really care too much about what happens to him. Personally, I don't really approve of posting his personal information, but, then again, he DID know it could happen, so I say, too bad for him. It should discourage others, if nothing else.

------------------
Darkness will devour your soul...

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 07:48 PM   #50
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I see, but what you must take into consideration is that a forum is designed for the nature of a community - therefore if violating and causing distress can be seen as ruining this place for all of us.

If it was only Ziroc's private business and the forum was not concerned, then it would be wrong to post any account of his information.

I've mailed abuses to ISP before, but that's my history and I'm not planning to expose anyone here from that list. However, in this situation, exposing it here is also giving you the privilage - as a member of Ironworks Forums to redeem your 'rights' if you felt that his messages caused you any extent of distress or uncomfort.

It should be something that you are entitled to - this is a forum matter, not a personal matter and you can't expect Ziroc to handle everything sometimes.

------------------