Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2001, 02:48 PM   #11
Elhardo
The Magister

I find 1 shot spells work best, I used polymorph other on Frikagg (watch out may take a few reloads B4 doing asylum, and later on against Balor in Underdark, who I actually found hard, I used Desintegrate
Old 03-19-2001, 03:09 PM   #12
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

firkraag's stats:
base AC:11
crushing:0
piercing:0
slashing:0
missile :-2
resistances:
fire:100
electricity:0
magic:65
magical fire:100
slashing:30
crushing:30
cold:0
acid:0
magic cold:0
piercing:30
missile:30
saving throws:
death:3
wands:5
poly:4
Breath:4
spells:6
HP:184
str:25
dex:15
con:15
int:17
wis:3
cha:9
THACO:-5
No. of attacks:3
Old 03-19-2001, 03:15 PM   #13
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Welcome Pi!

If you don't want to set traps and use cloudkill, and want to do the "right thing" by fighting him, here's how I did it.

Mages - Load up with spell trigger, and sequencer. Pick a surefire spell, like magic missiles or something.

Druid/Cleric - Summon Elementals out of visual range of the dragon, less they be killed. Have a cleric or druid go up to him and cast the magic resistance on him. Through a glitch in the game the magic resistance spell doesen't add to the dragons resistance it replaces it with the lower value.

Have archers back with +whatever arrows, out of range of the wing buffet, to keep constant pressure on. Send the Summoned creatures in to take the death spells, and do whatever damage they can, Let the mages unleash their fury, and with the clerics cast insect plague, and let the tanks wade in and do what they do best. Good Luck!!

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-19-2001, 06:37 PM   #14
Blaed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

DRAGONS ARE EASY:

1:a)if the dragon is not pissed or does not initiate fight, cast magic resistance on it (it will lower its resistances)

b):if he does initiate fight or is pissed with you, just use time stop scroll (this may have to wait till later in game)

2:back off so you just cant see him anymore then throw every magic spell you got at the bastard until he dies (the best spells to use are, cloud kill, death fog...use them all at the same time, it WILL work)

3:walk over to body and collect items....THEY ARE THAT EASY!!!

ps-if he heals just revert to old before fight and do it again, he rarely heals in time anyways...have fun!

------------------
Old 03-19-2001, 06:42 PM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Blaed:
DRAGONS ARE EASY:

1:a)if the dragon is not pissed or does not initiate fight, cast magic resistance on it (it will lower its resistances)

b):if he does initiate fight or is pissed with you, just use time stop scroll (this may have to wait till later in game)

2:back off so you just cant see him anymore then throw every magic spell you got at the bastard until he dies (the best spells to use are, cloud kill, death fog...use them all at the same time, it WILL work)

3:walk over to body and collect items....THEY ARE THAT EASY!!!

ps-if he heals just revert to old before fight and do it again, he rarely heals in time anyways...have fun!

you know... I really want to flame you, but I decided against it. I am no longer zero-idiot tolerance.

Old 03-19-2001, 07:26 PM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I myself just made sure to get Firkraag to turn his back on my party with a Wizard Eye, mayhap an elemental or two. Once his back is turned you don't have to worry about wing buffet or fire. Then just Lower Resistance, Magic Missile, hack /n slash away. Can make a tough fight an easy one!

------------------
Old 03-19-2001, 09:07 PM   #17
Corinthian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Pi,
I know Firkraag can be pretty tough-it took me a few goes to get him down too.
On the plus side, you dont have to get really fancy or be really powerful to kill him.My PC was level 9 when I took him down, though I have a sneaking suspicion that I was a bit lucky ? .
A lot of what I may suggest has already been said, but I'd advise going with an offensive option.That is actually engaging him in combat-which I reckon makes more sense from a role playing point of view.Besides its more fun .Though, it probably depends on your PC, mine is a fighter and I reckoned laying traps or casting cloudkill out of sight was a bit of a cop out for him besides also being implausible-after all wouldnt a dragon leave an area with a death fog??Or just allow a random stranger to walk around planting traps??? .Besides I dont think you get XP for using the trap option though I am not sure about it.
Anyway besides casting magic resistance on Firkraag, as many have suggested, casting lower resistance right after(this will turn him red) and then greater malison is also a good way to go.After this I just attacked and took him down-I didnt even summon any animals.
Two of my NPCs died in the battle and the rest were seriously injured but they won !!Also I recommend buying a wand of frost as I reckon this item had a huge impact in the fight-doing good damage with minimal casting time, I used up all the charges in the battle.Having an archer firing arrows of piercing and arrows of frost may also help.
Anyway good luck, its an awesome fight once you find out what works for you.
Old 03-19-2001, 09:40 PM   #18
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Corinthian:
Hi Pi,
I know Firkraag can be pretty tough-it took me a few goes to get him down too.
On the plus side, you dont have to get really fancy or be really powerful to kill him.My PC was level 9 when I took him down, though I have a sneaking suspicion that I was a bit lucky ? .
A lot of what I may suggest has already been said, but I'd advise going with an offensive option.That is actually engaging him in combat-which I reckon makes more sense from a role playing point of view.Besides its more fun .Though, it probably depends on your PC, mine is a fighter and I reckoned laying traps or casting cloudkill out of sight was a bit of a cop out for him besides also being implausible-after all wouldnt a dragon leave an area with a death fog??Or just allow a random stranger to walk around planting traps??? .Besides I dont think you get XP for using the trap option though I am not sure about it.
Anyway besides casting magic resistance on Firkraag, as many have suggested, casting lower resistance right after(this will turn him red) and then greater malison is also a good way to go.After this I just attacked and took him down-I didnt even summon any animals.
Two of my NPCs died in the battle and the rest were seriously injured but they won !!Also I recommend buying a wand of frost as I reckon this item had a huge impact in the fight-doing good damage with minimal casting time, I used up all the charges in the battle.Having an archer firing arrows of piercing and arrows of frost may also help.
Anyway good luck, its an awesome fight once you find out what works for you.
you beat him at level 9? list detailed equipment, strategy, characters please.

P.S. watch out that I catch liers faster than you can say "ohh shi...."

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-19-2001).]
Old 03-20-2001, 12:42 AM   #19
Aurum
Manshoon

Mmm.... hmmmp... ??? You kill at dragon without sorrow.

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 03-20-2001, 04:00 PM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

you gonna answer me or what?