Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-22-2001, 12:12 AM   #1
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Hellfire,
sorry to answer late about your modem,
would I be you, I would first try to de-install the whole thing under W98, then reboot, and let W98 detect and install your modem in Plug'nPlay mode. Choose a W98 native driver rather than a driver given by the modem supplier.
If this does not work, mail me, and tell me the kind of modem you have (name, revision, ...)
Don't lose faith !
Old 02-22-2001, 12:18 AM   #2
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey no problem ,i just thought my French was very wrong and i had offened you...hum can't think of the first time i did that(sarcastic tone aimed at me)and if all i know is it is an LTWIN modem further info later and already plug and play is detecting and it sayes that "this device is working properly"knowing me i have the phone cord in the wrong slot
Old 02-22-2001, 12:54 AM   #3
turbovee
Elminster

I was thinking, Ouch that hurt

What age do you think you will be when you finally quit playing video games? We are a whole new generation where video games have become an intricate part of our entertainment and lives for that matter.

Can you imagine yourselves being 70-80 yrs old and still talking to your old friends or grandkids about the new games you bought and are getting into? I can
Old 02-22-2001, 01:47 AM   #4
Drau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That will be me! "Grandson, be a dear and fetch my teeth from the dresser, would you? While you're at it, check the message board for me and see if you can find the cheat codes for 'Baldur's Gate MCLVII'."
Old 02-22-2001, 02:04 AM   #5
Tobbin_OHF

Hmmmm. I'd like to think that I would have the same zest and gusto for life that my step-father did. He played video games up into his late 50's. Probably would have kept playing after that, but unfortunately he died back in 86. And this was back when they had the Atari 2600. He loved missile command. He could play it for hours on end. He'd roll the numbers a couple of times. I would get home from school and he would be going to town. Hey, if nothing else comes from this thread, I just wanted to thank you for bringing such a warm memory.

Old 02-22-2001, 02:23 AM   #6
Drau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Atari? Heh heh... That brings back memories of my father beating ours to death with a paint roller. For some reason (probably my brother), the thing was smoking away on the table. To this day, we have no idea why my dad felt beating the thing would help (or where he got the paint roller). It beat my brother's idea of dumping water on it at any rate.

Not a particularly warm memory, but it still brings gales of laughter when the tale is told at dinner parties.
Old 02-22-2001, 03:28 AM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Personally I doubt I will ever completely quit playing video games since I found this is a very good way (and socially accepted way) to reduce my stress level from both school and work. There is nothing that beats playing games like BG2 (single) or Diablo2 (on B.net only), or even games like Grand Theft Auto (1/2) after a rough day of work or after an exam.
As for the 70~80 year old part....if I live THAT long, yup...I can see myself doing what you are saying Turbovee......
Old 02-22-2001, 05:45 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Never. As long as it's done in moderation it's all part of good balanced leisure time!
Old 02-22-2001, 06:13 AM   #9
Moiraine
Anubis

Why, why, why should we stop playing RPGs ? Is there an 'age limit' or something ?
Besides, when I think about what computers looked like 20 years ago, then 10 years ago, and what they look like now (first PC being born in 1980 !), I can't wait to watch what they will look like in 2050 !!! My only regret : I will not be here in 2100 ...
Old 02-22-2001, 06:20 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hah! You bet I'll still be playing!
And Moiraine, yes it is so exciting to see the progress and mark the changes. I guess you'd understand how I feel when I say something to the students in my office and they look at me with a one of those "huh?" expressions. I remember the days BEFORE vcr's and microwaves, and when computers took up entire rooms and ran on punch cards (ok, barely for that one!). And geez, the kids in the youth group I work with didn't even know who the BEATLES were! Argh!

Me, I don't mind growing old, as long as I keep growing in all the other important ways.

Cloudbringer