Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2001, 01:28 PM   #41
Hargon

Me, Lawful neutral monk
Jaheira
Jan
Edwin

I dont plan on getting any more characters than this, It's working out great for the moment. Maybe if the going gets tough I'll get Keldorn later. Jaheira is an awesome character, With +2 schimitar Belm/boots of speed/girdle of hill giant strenght, she's scary! Edwin for offensive spells (love his attitude too ), Jan for pickpocketing/lockpicking/trapfinding and support magic.
And in reply to the guy saying something about monks not being powerful, wait a few levels, you'll change your mind. Just give him a strenght boosting item and he'll rock. As of now my monk punches like tyson with a speed that leaves Bruce Lee in the dust (I wish ). Also, another great thing you can do with monks is to hide in the shadows and use stunning blows on spellcasters before they get off their lame Stoneskin/prot from magic weapons/globe of invuln. Because, when you're hiding in the shadows they wont cast these spells as soon as you enter their LoS, they'll cast True Sight or something similar instead. And before they even get that spell off, they're stunned.
Monks have great saving throws and magic resistance too. The biggest problem about them is probably their armor class, but with all the great jewelry/cloaks and stuff in the game, the monk will still be very hard to hit. (you shouldn't start with less than 18 dex though.) And I cant wait until I get my immunity vs. Normal weapons.
Anyway, these are just my opinions, enemies later in the game (I'm only in chapter 3 or 4) or posters on this board might just prove me wrong about their effectiveness. (They're welcome to try atleast )

-Hargon

Old 01-18-2001, 02:53 PM   #42
Bruce Openhand

My party was:

Myself – Monk
Minsc
Jaheira
Aerie
Imoen
Viconia

Possible Spoilers
 Anomen is dead after he turned on me for telling it like it is after he was not accepted by the Knighthood.
 Yoshima is dead his body as well as his gaes broken.
 Valygar was with me for most of the game however I found Viconia late (Chap 5 or 6, I know how did I miss her) and he was sent back to the Hills for reflection.

I did not let anyone else join so I will have new quests to complete my second time around.

HARGON - -

When you have the following items give them to your monk and he will be almost unstoppable.
Cloak of Reflection
Gauntlets of Crushing
Ring of Gaxx
Amulet of Power
Girdle of Frost Giant St.

Old 01-19-2001, 05:25 PM   #43
deathblow

Seifer (Ranger)
Jahiera
Valygar
Minsc
Aeire
Nalia

A Semi decent combo of fighters and magic casters.

Old 01-19-2001, 09:33 PM   #44
masteraleph
Elminster

My party is:
Richelieu (Undead Hunter)
Minsc
Korgan
Anomen
Jaheira
Nalia
(this is my 2nd run through)

Yeah, I'm a bit heavy on tanks. I'm doing the windspear hills quest right now, so Richelieu will be pretty beefy. When I get back to alkatha after being away, I plan to have: me wielding carsomyr and cloak of mirrors, minsc dualing with Equalizer and Crom Fayer (25 strength is too good to waste), either imoen or nalia with gesen's bow. I'm not sure about who I should drop for imoen- who do y'all think? Oh, and just note, a paladin with the cloak of mirrors, chaotic commands, and carsomyr absolutely slaughters beholders (any damage spells go right back at them) and mind flayers (as long as you only take on 1 or 2 at once).
Old 01-19-2001, 09:42 PM   #45
Cyin_Dyhacer

For my last party i based the charcters on the world of Conan:
Barbarian - Conan
Archer - Subotai
Thief - Valeria
Akiro - Mage
Zula - Fighter/Cleric

Old 01-19-2001, 10:02 PM   #46
Armisael

C'mon, anyone with the cloak of mirrors slaughters beholders. As for mind flayers, they'd still be sucking your brains out through your nose, I'd imagine.

Old 01-20-2001, 01:54 AM   #47
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yeah... with their squid like stuffs... Hey Riham! Send it to me too! EMAIL:exodus_33@yahoo.com

If you got it Armisael, send it to me! thnx! : )
Old 01-20-2001, 07:08 AM   #48
Arak

I put the reflecting cloak on minsc and had him running amok in the beholders lair and just leaned back and enjoyed the spectacle. Then to my big surprise minsc is gone?!? As panic grips my heart i start searching the log for an explanation and there it is.....Orb cast: imprison alas no more Minsc. SO BE WARNED!

Old 01-20-2001, 07:15 AM   #49
Ebiris

my current party is:

Daniel (human Fighter/Cleric)
Korgan
Viconia
Edwin
Cernd
Imoen (I rotated this spot for NPC specific quests early in the game before taking Yoshimo to spellhold)

I know Cernd's annoying, but his greater werewolf transformation is really handy. I also changed Imoen's alignment to Chaotic Neutral with Shadowkeeper so she won't leave my party (reputation 5!).
I normally prefer to get a mix of good and evil characters and keep my reputation neutral for some interesting party interaction, but this time I thought I'd just be plain evil.

Old 01-20-2001, 07:51 AM   #50
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... i may be late on this but oh well..

1. Zor - necromancer
2. Merci Hellspawn- my fighter/ thief .. very handy girl
3. Averon Baltmoon- cleric/thief... best back up and mage support
4. Minsc- the best front liner
5. Jahera- secone best front liner and good back up support
6. Aerie- best healer and life saver...

thats all i can say...