Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-05-2001, 08:30 PM   #1
Kore'tha-Konkoror

Now I know we have had a thread for what people think the most unused char class is, but I would like people to post the strengths and weaknessess, from their own experience, of the character that they are currently using.

Old 01-05-2001, 08:41 PM   #2
BLACK KNIGHT

Paladin - kick butt sword, heal spells, Strength 18/97, 18 Charisma, and all the chicks want me. Unfortunately, I can have too much fun ie killing people for fun, being downright mean to people, telling people off, and stealing. World-cosmic power, itty-bitty living space.

BK

Old 01-05-2001, 09:42 PM   #3
Helm-guard

My present caracter is a Lawful Neutral Half-elf Conjuror Lv8 with str:11 Dex:17 Con:17 Int:19 Wis:11 Chr:13 26hp.I took the long way I finished Bg1 with him then I imported him to bg2 to see if there was a huge difference (sadly not much save the extra stats from the books). But with 19 int I can learn all spells without using potions to increace my int.

Old 01-05-2001, 09:51 PM   #4
Chaos Harlequinn

Ive played the game through several times, but am currently playing with the Archer Class. So far its great, although i think it's silly that an archer would need 18 strength to use a composite bow. Granted, they would have to pull back the bowstring, and that may be difficult, but i feel that if a 3 foot goblin can use them, i should be able to...on a sidenote, does this mean that ALL elves who use composite bows have 18 strength. God knows that elvenkind are raised to use a bow...

Old 01-06-2001, 08:43 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Currently playing a jester to prove to myself that it can beat the game.

Strengths:
- chaos song makes it a hell of a lot easier to kill enemies.
- funny!
- makes u think tactics out a lot more, because he's not really a fighter or spellcaster

Weaknesses:
- had to change the entire way I played the game but it's really interesting, probably the most interesting character i've played so far
Old 01-06-2001, 10:05 AM   #6
Kore'tha-Konkoror

I started out my first go at this game as a pure fighter class, whom possessed 18/49 str, 14 dex, 13 con, and a meazly 52 hit points! And this was after going well into act 2 and completing many a side quest.

Now I have abondoned that game and begun afresh as a Kensai with 18/67 str, 18 dex, 18 con, and 79 hit points. The hilarious thing is is that I have only escaped the first dungeon and cleared the circus quest with him.

I have noticed that Kensai is synonymous with killing machine. I was really struggling with my old fighter, but so far my Kensai and his party have had not one difficult battle. And combining holy might with kai is, to say the very least, extremely potent.

A good example of comparison is as follows. In a large battle with 5-6 opponents, my fighter would kill 2, maybe! 3. My Kensai will literlly go off and kill an archer, another archer, a mage, a warrior, and still have time to come and assist the group with the two fighters that they are handling and maybe even deal one of those a death blow!

I am only wondering when and if I will find a powerful katana for my kensai, as he has 5 stars in katana proficiency. I also haven't decided whether or not to dual him as a kensai/mage or just stick with his kensai training, as I feel he just might live up to dad's rep as the master of murder.

Old 01-06-2001, 10:10 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Don't worry, you will find a powerful katana, the second most powerful weapon in the entire game. I won't spoil you any more than that.
Old 01-06-2001, 10:13 AM   #8
Arak

Played my first game as a Druid shapeshifter and liked the simplisity:
- no worrys about using the best armor(cant use armor)
- not having to choose the right form for the right ocassion(only one choice)
- Lots of nice spells.

Drawbacks:
- Cant use the best armor.
- Greater werewolf was a bit disapointing.

Is currently playing pure Kensai and am loving it.

Old 01-06-2001, 10:18 AM   #9
Magness
Quintesson

Currently playing a female Inquisitor named Alarra and have just reached the underdark.
(I wanted to play my own Inquisitor instead of using Keldorn.)

I readily admit up front that I am playing with several downloaded items in my party.

Strengths:
The obvious Inquisitor talents... immunity to hold and charm.

Really like the Inquisitor's innately powerful dispel magic ability!!! I love how it is so fast and so powerful!!!
(Saved my butt against the underdark's Balor. The Balor had stunned 4 out of 6 of my party members. Alarra turned around and un-stunned them... then proceded to send that foul demon-beast back to the hell from which it came!!!)

Alarra have the HA, but prefers to use longswords and a shield.

Weaknesses:
It'd be nice to have a little higher weapons skills.
Old 01-06-2001, 02:02 PM   #10
Cleric
Welcomed New User

I am a elven male CLeric / Abjurer of both level 50
my stats :
str : 10
con : 13
dex : 21
Int : 18
Wis : 19
Cha : 16

Stengths :

becouse the cleric protectife spells , and the from the abjurer makes me a STRONG defender.
Healing spells.
cure poison and stuff like that.

Weaknesses:
May not use bows
And Spears
No Armour *
No weopon spec .(I use cheats to get grand mastery with warhammers)

* I where my armour of faith as well , I don't use my mage spells fery mutsh , only in very tught battles .