Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2002, 01:09 PM   #1
Thruar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you are not finished with the quests in Neverwinter woods then this small part area is a spoiler of sort.

I found some good exp at the Heart of the Forest area where the altar is. Takes 30 minutes to get 1 level. I made 3 easy levels in just under 90 minutes from level 10-13. The secret is where the altar which goes between the realm of the living and the dead, where the spirit of the wood dwells. You just need to retrieve the ceremonial dagger from the nymphs home. At the altar choose to scratch your initials on the altar which presumably angers it and an ancient dire bear is summoned next to the altar.

The bear must be about level 15-16 with 300-350 hps, hits really hard too. I'm not sure how many players with their chars can beat the bear efficiently. If you kill the bear at level 10 with help of henchman you get about 570 exp, level 11 about 473 exp, and level 12 around 370 exp, deminishing returns after 12 is not worth spending time on.

My character class is a pure fighter, dwarven. My henchman is linu the cleric. I am able to kill about 10-12 bears easy with a greatsword +1 and the feats in greatswords and improved critical in greatswords. I use knockdown a lot which is the key to not getting hurt too badly. By knocking the bear down you get 1-2 rounds of free attacks on it before it stands and hit you once, then you knock the bear down again and repeat.

It is much easier as a fighter and a cleric henchman to do this efficiently. I rest 2 times per level. Anyone else tried this out with a different class is it harder or easier?
Thruar is offline   Reply With Quote