Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-18-2001, 11:33 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I have a question that to the Mods about a certain thread that was closed a while back. It was quite popular:

The Song Connection Thread. I am sure all fo you rember it.

But why was it locked? It wasnt really spam. Most of them wear more then just 1 or 2 words. Most wear whole sentnces.

That still could be spam, but you see those everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

It was very long and took up alot of space, I guess that could be one of the reasons...

But I was just wondering, I am sure most mods consider it spam, and it probley is...

Thanks

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
Old 09-19-2001, 12:16 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

That was Z that deleted that thread, I think, and it technically "was" classified as spamming, in that it consisted of mainly one to two-word posts or one line posts. It was also during that period when we were being hosted by "not-quite-Readyhosting.com" with their crappy bandwidth limitations and all that implied, so I can see why Ziroc put the moratorium on it.

Notwithstanding, we need to keep away from threads that encourage rapid, one to two word posts, as they are technically classified as spam, take up a lot of server resources, and grow unchecked at a very rapid pace. That "word association" one that was going around as well at that time was like in its fifth incarnation when Ziroc stepped in on it as well.

Everyone's been really good about keeping off stuff like that in recent months, and hey, we DEFINITELY have a lot of legitimate things to talk about right now! (*whew*)

Cheers,

------------------