Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-13-2000, 07:42 AM   #1
magz

Hi ive just started playing BG2 and never played BG so im rather new to all this.
I want to play with an evil character but im not sure if this is actually a practical possibility? Will i get any characters to join me if im evil and should i pick up the
characters that i find i the cages at the beginning of the game? Cause at the moment theyre
basically only bitching about my evil deeds all the time and its getting a bit frustrating.
I mean whats the point in being evil if you just walk around and act nice all the time .
Will i get any quests if i play evil?

And starting playing an evil character what type do you people recommend?
At the moment i got a mage/necromancer but if i have to play by myself along time until
i find some new evil comrade maybe i should choose something else like a fighter at the start?. Also is there any point in starting with a palladin then turning him into a fallen one? cause that idea also attract me abit

Well thanks for your help people

Old 10-13-2000, 09:56 AM   #2
Terra

Theres a dwarf in chapter two you can have join your team(in the copper coronet) who is Evil(Berserker, a master of the axe). And Viconia is in the Government district(Evil Cleric)

Old 10-13-2000, 10:27 AM   #3
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I've reached chapter four no problem as evil, in fact bodhis' quests are made for an evil party. I'm wondering what to do with the dragon though, can i get to the surface if i let the matron or phaere have the real eggs. Hopefully they take me to the surface. I guess so.
The problem with evil is that you miss out on quests by being rude to everyone. Most of the quests involve helping others out of the goodness of your heart.
Old 10-13-2000, 11:59 AM   #4
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Comrades in blood! It lifts my heart to find there are others so-inclined as myself! It is definitely true that you get less quests by staying true to your nature and not putting up with idiots. I have found that letting them hear what they want to hear, completing whatever they wish and then revealing your true nature to them can work just as well though. Who's to say I'm telling them the truth when I say that I'll help them. There's always a larger purpose at stake, known only to me. I find dealing with knights in particular extremely pleasurable, they always take me at my word, fools!

As for evil characters, there's Korgan (Copper Coronet), Viconia, Edwin (Mae'vars house), and my-evil-self (will find in Neverwinter Nights) to cut loose and wreak merry havok with. However, I don't have many qualms about letting the simpering goodlings join my party to be used and thrown aside when it so pleases me. Minsc just doesn't seem to understand why I throw him into the forefront of every fight, snickering while I watch him get lacerated by all manner of fiends.

Learning what I just have from Draggor, I feel that I have made a mistake siding with the Shadow Thieves instead of Bodhi for chapter three. No matter, I couldn't stand the tone of her voice when I once adventured down there anyway, condescending wench. We shall see what develops.
Old 10-13-2000, 02:07 PM   #5
magz

Thanks alot for your help and information people. And yeah its great fun to play evil,
found the dwarf and are on the lookout for the clergic now aswell. Gonna keep that thief
though even though hes only neutral but alteast he doesnt wine when i do something splendidly
evil. Now i only have to figuere out why my game crashes every time i want to rest
Most likely cause in running windows2000, but i really cant be bothered to swap os's for this
so i think im gonna stick with it until a patch is realesed or something else pops up.
Anyway, thanks once again and stay cool and evil

Old 10-13-2000, 02:13 PM   #6
TDZHON

Your problem with playing TRUELY evil will be that if your rep falls too low many venders will not sell to you and the prices fro the ones that will will be REALLY high. Plus there are a bunch of quests you get from the Good npcs...

Old 10-13-2000, 08:32 PM   #7
password

What the heck are you people talking about?
Evil people dont get "less" quests. Oh lord. You must be missing out on some. There are tons of evil quests. And who cares about money. You will make so much money selling magical items it wont matter.

And dont worry about the dragon. If you complete her quest she takes you to the exit. Or you could do what i did and kill her for the blood. THen you can get human flesh armor which is powerful and only usable by evil people. If you kill her, she drops the "drow gate" dispelling scroll. And you can leave the underddark. And i never had a problem with reputation. Try to keep it at 4 and no less. Or 3 if you want. But anything less and it will get annoying with guards attacking you. DONT START AS A FIGHTER. Jeez. Sorcerer is the strongest class, how many times do i have to say it.

Evil sorcerer is excellent. Or evil assassin.

Old 10-14-2000, 09:04 AM   #8
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Password - Not everyone necessarily cares what the strongest class is mate. Some would rather play the character mix that theyre interested in, as they get more out of the game that way
Old 10-14-2000, 03:31 PM   #9
grimreapo

BAH EVIL IS BAD FOR THE SOUL TURN TO GOOD MY LAD IT MAY BE HARDER OVER ALL GOOD WILL WIN.
IF YOU DO CHANGE MAY HELM WATCH OVER YOU......