Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-01-2002, 10:12 AM   #11
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

Quote:
Have your spellcasters memorize only AA at that level. Summon a bunch of Greater Bonelords, sleep 8 hours, summon another bunch of Greater Bonelords (the first bunch is still there), cast mass haste, bless, prayer,... and every other mass buff spell,... *yawn*...
Well, I didnt know of that 'bug'. I meant just the plain and simple Animate Dead summon. You know, summon 1 or 2 Greater Boneguards and see how exponentially your raw force becomes. The spell Animate Dead is just awesome, it doesn't need cheese tactix. And I immediately patched my game, so I was never able to use that Animate Dead trick. I just thought it weird that you would call that summon spell cheese, but then again, I didnt know you were reffering to the trick.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:52 PM   #12
Balhifet
The Magister

Guys! Dont fight. I've experienced the same thing and I dont think its a bug bcoz the duration is according to the level of the caster. High level clerics, mages and sorcerers have a more longer-lasting AA but the first summoned batch will be unsommuned first bcoz of the expiration of the duration.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:58 PM   #13
Nightowl2
Galvatron

There was no bug associated with Animate Dead. The designers simply decided it was too powerful a spell and nerfed it to limit the level of undead that could be summoned. That made it much less useful.

Skull Trap is a potent spell, since there is no level limit on the damage it can do (same is true of Delayed Blast Fireball).

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:40 PM   #14
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Yes. Skull trap is a beautiful thing... I actualy like to use it like fireball instead of like the old theif traps... Just dump one in the middle of the enemy and let them all take damage. At level 25+ even HALF damage if they make a save is still huge.
Old 11-02-2002, 02:04 AM   #15
masteraleph
Elminster

[quote]Originally posted by Zuvio:
Quote:
Mages are still powerfull in this game, but my sorc lvl 12 just got access to lvl 6 spells, and that level is seriously impeded compared to BG2.
Might I suggest disintegrate? I don't believe it destroys items in IWD2...
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 02:14 AM   #16
Duncan Idaho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since we're on the topic of summons, I've always wanted to know this but have really been too lazy to find out for myself (ha! plus I just got into summons, mostly for HOF); how many summons can you have on the screen at one time. If I remember correctly, in BG2 there was a maximum of 5 summons of any type, and in IWD2 so far I've never had more than four or five (it's all i've needed so far). So has anyone reached a maximum and care to share? Indulge my laziness! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 02:24 AM   #17
Balhifet
The Magister

MAXIMUM:6
Old 11-02-2002, 10:08 AM   #18
Raistlin Majere
Ra

A very stupid question coming up. What does HoF mean?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:04 PM   #19
Duncan Idaho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HOF = Heart of Fury
Old 11-02-2002, 04:43 PM   #20
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

Quote:
Guys! Dont fight.
We weren't fighting.
Quote:
Yes. Skull trap is a beautiful thing... I actualy like to use it like fireball instead of like the old theif traps...
Actually, when I use it as a trap, I rarely goes off! Even when a foo is walking right thru it.
Quote:
Might I suggest disintegrate? I don't believe it destroys items in IWD2...
If what youre saying is true, agreed, disintegrate is good.
Quote:
So has anyone reached a maximum and care to share? Indulge my laziness!
Indeed, the max is 6 and any more would take the fun outta the game (hear this: they raise the max. summon number to six and also remove the Deathspell!!! What is the meaning of this? Its proof that this game is more like Arcade in the fact that the battles are great, melee-heavy fieldbattles, instead of the one-on-one or one-on-three all out cat-and-mouse arcane battles like BG2).
Quote:
A very stupid question coming up. What does HoF mean?
There are no stupid questions, just unasked ones