Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-24-2001, 12:54 PM   #1
chappy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey there...hoping someone can help here.

i just finished killing the lich in the tower in drow city, but he petrified two of my party members. so, of course, i tried stone-to-flesh spell and it worked except now their little green circles have turned red. they don't attack, but seem froze in an enemy state though. i thought of killing them and using a resurrection spell to bring them back, but that didn't work.
what the heck did that lich hit 'em with and how do i get my party members back?

thanks.
Old 11-24-2001, 01:35 PM   #2
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try a mind control (charm, domination, etc)
Old 11-24-2001, 01:38 PM   #3
chappy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks crimsonson, but i tried charm and it works except they eventually turn evil again. how do i get them back in the party?
Old 11-24-2001, 02:21 PM   #4
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had this happen with a Stronghold quest... a character I needed to protect got hit (I am not usre by me or by the enemies) and turned red.

Try all reversing spell (dispell)

if that does not work reload before lich ;(

that was the only I found.

Also, press '+' then 'Z' (select all party members and then sleep) this might dispell it

Its probably a bug.
Old 11-24-2001, 02:55 PM   #5
chappy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks again, but the game won't let my characters sleep...not even in a hotel. it looks like my only choice is to kill the 2 that turned evil and face the entire drow city with 3 mages and a bard since my only savegame is after the lich encounter.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:19 PM   #6
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

It can be done but...

Ouch. Not good, really not good.

You might want to place traps all over the place now and rest before you fight. It might swing things a little, I don't know.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-24-2001, 05:22 PM   #7
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

ok, try this...

first off, you need to enable the cheats if you haven't already done so. open the baldur.ini file in you SoA directory. add a line
Debug Mode=1
under the [Program Options] section. save the file and run SoA...
load up the saved game. use Stone-to-Flesh spells or scrolls to unpetrify the two characters. by your description they should be hostile. pause the game so there will be no fighting going on [img]smile.gif[/img] . just move your cursor over each of the two hostile characters and press Ctrl-Q (hold down Ctrl and hit Q) while the cursor is over them. this will make the character join your party.

I truly hope this works...
Old 11-24-2001, 11:39 PM   #8
chappy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks guys.............frudi's way worked!