Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-25-2001, 04:34 AM   #1
Xrayted82
Dungeon Master

Who is Deder, and what is the "trick" to get him?
Old 09-25-2001, 06:39 AM   #2
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Xrayted82:
Who is Deder, and what is the "trick" to get him?
You mean Delon?
If I remember it right it is little boy who gives you quest in Umar Hills and than you get Temple Ruins quest. You find him in the middle of Gov. District - just in center of park. If you have ranger he will start talks (there is ranger stronghold in Umar Hills) other way you have start talk.

Hmm.. Deder - is this not illusory NPC in Candlekeep at the beginning of BG1? - wrong board?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
There was a thread about it in BG1 forum - a lot of spaceing.

Zbyszek

[This message has been edited by Zbyszek (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 08:29 PM   #3
Xrayted82
Dungeon Master

I searched BG1, no dice, except it was mentioned once as being in BG2
Old 09-25-2001, 10:22 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It WAS mentioned there, but I forget the name of the thread. Yeah, Deder is one of the "Illusory" characters in the Candlekeep Prologue. They were never intended to be in your party, but there is a non-cheating way to get them. You go to the cellar where they are, kill a few illusions, then kick the guys off your party. Talk to Obe and say you want to leave, then INSTANTLY talk to 1 of the guys and let him back in your party. That 1 guy can then bring the others back in, and when you start Chap. 1, they're in your party and can go explore the world. [Note: Whichever character you choose to talk to will be stripped of all items.]

You won't want to keep all of them in your party. For me, the only ones I'd consider are Canderous and Deder. Canderous is the best Cleric in BG1, and Deder's skills are insanely high for some reason. For instance, he has over 100% Stealth, even though he's only a Lev. 2 Thief.
But I think it's kinda cheesy to use them. I don't take Deder, and I use Canderous only until I can get Yeslick, even though Canderous has better stats.

------------------
"How do you define 'fool?'"
"I don't attempt to. I wait for examples. They inevitably surpass my imagination."