Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-10-2004, 09:24 AM   #31
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwing:
Avatar how can you say Tibet is not a Free nation. http://projectsouthasia.sdstate.edu/...eaty1914VI.htm

Tibet was free from China 2000 years ago and now China is going aginst the treaty they signed. There occupation of Tibaet is purely economical. They have wiped out almost 50% of there forest there and are stripping the land bare with unregulated mining all for money.

Most of the world today was free from each other 2000 years ago!

In fact most of the known nations weren't around 2000 years ago!

Don't make me laugh! Why else would any nation take land? Because its pretty!???? Because we love Tibetan monks in red uniforms?

We take Tibet or else India will. It serves as a military buffer zone. As for the deforestation and minning I am less sure about... never heard of that one. Tibet is a hugely mountain region. Not charted on the UN as having any real minning or logging resources! But I guess we do take stuff from there.

We take stuff from every Chinese region!!

WOW! Aren't governments evil??? They take stuff like tax and resources and sell them for money!! Don't you hate captitalist pigs?

Hang on.. we are not even captitalist pigs... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

GROW UP! Where do you think your petrol comes from? Your back garden? Home grown?

It comes from the 1000 dead US military people fighting to give you cheaper and more. That is just one example.

No one mentions the railway we built, I guess.

Old 09-10-2004, 09:29 AM   #32
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Perhaps they should hold it in Tianamen Square.
AHAHHAHAHHAAAHHAHAA you are so funny! Perhaps we should, perhaps we have?

Perhaps by making a joke about Tianmen Square you have shown your inner wisdom about everything.

Perhaps if you didn't support Arsenal, I wouldn't hold back.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:54 AM   #33
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

How can one do anything at Tianamen Square? that place is one of the most guarded place in China. Heck, when I was there I took along my camera to hopefully take a picture of that place, 4 red army look at me with suspicion. I left immediately.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:56 AM   #34
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I think your letter would have had a better effect if you didn't curse in it.

Everytime you curse in a letter it kill off your credibility.
I agree wholeheartedly here. Although I'm with you on this Avatar you have to remember one thing. Be upfront, be direct and straightforward, but the moment you add cursing, people stop listening. (Or tend to anyway).
Old 09-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #35
Knightscape
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Q:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
It's barely a majority that voted for Pro-democracy for sure, but it is STILL a majority! Who can say WHAT the difference might be in 10 or 20 years? I think it's extremely wishful thinking on your part, Avatar, to hope for Taiwan and China to be under the same flag.
The majority here that was won is a very very questionable one. Did the assasination attempt on President Chen had a major impact on the result? Was it deliberately made so that he will win the election? Kuomintang presidential candidate Lien Chan was favoured to win the election at first. However, with the insident came the "dubious" result.

First it was Macau, then came Hong Kong coming back to China. I would like to see Taiwan do the same too. When that will happen is another matter entirely.
[/QUOTE]Macau was leased by Portugal
Hong Kong was leased by the British Empire

Taiwan was not leased by any European power. It exists under a self determined course. Which is in effect - no matter what China may say, or what nations don't acknowledge - INDEPENDANCE.
[/QUOTE]In 17th Century, the Ming Dynasty leased Taiwan to a person called Guo Xi Gai ( who happens to be a chinese ). Taiwan on the 19th century was part of Qing Dynasty. In 1895, Japanese troops landed on Taiwan and took control of it. After WW2, Japan lost the war and the allies decided that China should have a control over Taiwan. Thus, given the historical records, Taiwan belongs to China.
[/QUOTE]Taiwan belongs to the people of Taiwan.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:12 AM   #36
Knightscape
Manshoon

[quote]Originally posted by Avatar:
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwing:
[qb] Avatar how can you say Tibet is not a Free nation. http://projectsouthasia.sdstate.edu/...eaty1914VI.htm

Tibet was free from China 2000 years ago and now China is going aginst the treaty they signed. There occupation of Tibaet is purely economical. They have wiped out almost 50% of there forest there and are stripping the land bare with unregulated mining all for money.

Quote:
As Taiwan is free from China today.

Quote:
In fact most of the known nations weren't around 2000 years ago!

Don't make me laugh! Why else would any nation take land? Because its pretty!???? Because we love Tibetan monks in red uniforms?
At least you admit that Tibet is taken land and not actually part of China.

Quote:
We take Tibet or else India will.
That is to presume much.

Next time that I am walking down the street and see a car that I really want I can just take it then? My excuse being that if I don't steal it the next guy comming down the road will?

Quote:
It serves as a military buffer zone. As for the deforestation and minning I am less sure about... never heard of that one. Tibet is a hugely mountain region. Not charted on the UN as having any real minning or logging resources! But I guess we do take stuff from there.

We take stuff from every Chinese region!!
...and from Tibet.

Quote:
WOW! Aren't governments evil??? They take stuff like tax and resources and sell them for money!! Don't you hate captitalist pigs?
Taking resources is one thing, not paying for those resources is another (communism).

Quote:
Hang on.. we are not even captitalist pigs... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Evidently not.

Quote:
GROW UP! Where do you think your petrol comes from? Your back garden? Home grown?

It comes from the 1000 dead US military people fighting to give you cheaper and more. That is just one example.
A poor and inaccurate example.

Quote:
No one mentions the railway we built, I guess.
Under very harse conditions Chinese immigrants built much of the railroads in North America. In return they were treated like second class citizens (if they were considered citizens at all).
Old 09-10-2004, 11:20 AM   #37
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Knightscape:
Taiwan belongs to the people of Taiwan.
that come from China and?
Old 09-10-2004, 11:32 AM   #38
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:

Quote:
As Taiwan is free from China today.
Really? Taiwan is free already TODAY? wow! I didn't know that! no news today mentioning anything about that. when did they hold the independence referendum? I must check CNN for this wonderful news. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-10-2004, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 09-10-2004, 11:40 AM   #39
Bristowe
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3638190.stm

Yes they are important when there is civil war, dictatorship, child abuse, and important issues like that.

But do we really need them to label an Olympic parade in Hong Kong as "stoking political fear"?

What the *****? I mean surely there are more important issues to address here?

China comes second in the medals table in the Olympics for the first time and we have a Olympic Parade in Hong Kong... so what?

What about Regents Street Festival? I suppose thats a political thing for Ken Livingstone?

I think these people need to have some realistic senses knocked into them and not live in their fairy tale dream horse land.

There are far worse thing going on in Northern Ireland, Central Europe, Russia, Hawaii, Okinawa, Korea... and they throw a hissy fit when we march some Olympic medalists in Hong Kong before an election.

Get a real life!

Umm...I read the article...when did it actually say that an Olympic Parade in HK was stoking political fear?

"Opposition candidates allege that a recent tour of China's Olympic medal winners in Hong Kong was designed to boost support for pro-Beijing candidates" was the quote??
Old 09-10-2004, 02:14 PM   #40
Knightscape
Manshoon

Quote:
quote:
Taiwan belongs to the people of Taiwan.
that come from China and? [/QUOTE]that left China and now live in Taiwan