Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-01-2001, 10:47 PM   #11
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
LOL Rude, LOL... hehehe... wise descicion on your part... teehee... who's your party then?

I solo an Archer...

I'm about to start again.

This time (3rd time through, 2nd solo), I am keeping the exp cap, but using the GrandMastery Patch (gives the extra attack per round that Bioware left off) and the Items patch (Proper text descriptions).

I'm going for speed. I'm going to do minimal quests, just enough to get properly outfitted. (I know what I want)

Also, the hard part, is that I only use Long Swords or Katanas as my melee weapons. so, Golems and Vamps are a problem.

I'm going for 30 game days...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 05-01-2001, 11:12 PM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

c'mon! no npc interactions??? hehe

------------------

I am Bahamut... and this Chiharu.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:23 PM   #13
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
c'mon! no npc interactions??? hehe

Did it my first time through, a good aligned party...
Then, I read about the rest here and on other boards...
(I'll go back and try some other combos later)

Second run thru, I solo'd an Archer, but took my time (88 days) and removed the exp cap. I finished at 26th level, and way too powerful. No challenge.

I want to go for speed, exp cap, and minimal weapons. (HeartSeeker, upgrading to Mana Bow later; Daystar, Flame Tongue & Celestial Fury) The only other quests are for my Stronghold (get my MoonDog) and Armor (Black Dragon Scale), Boots of Speed (Planar Prison), and Cloak of Mirrors (Shaughin(sp?) City). Kill the Dragons (racial enemy) and dessimate the UnderDark. (kill every drow). Then end the game. Should be doable in less than 30 days, game-time, and over only one weekend. RL.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 05-02-2001, 09:53 AM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

whoaa... i forget that kangaxx and firkraag give that much exp... hehe geez...

------------------

Old 05-02-2001, 03:35 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

started with a fighter/cleric, got part way through Ch 2 and decided it wasn't working for me at that point. Am now playing with a bard (Skald kit) and loving it, even though she has not so hot stats- I am sooooo very lazy about checking all those numbers out and re-rolling! *giggle* No matter, it's a challenge!

Using a Bard (skald) in my multiplayer game of BG2 with turbo's fighter/mage and Charlie's fighter/thief. We kick some serious butt...hehehe...and guess what little Elflet has kill credit for the two dragons in Ch 2? LOL...

CB

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-02-2001, 04:06 PM   #16
Stealthy

I have a prefence for mages, so I first finished the game with a mage/thief elf. Good combo as they are involved with everything, scouting, thieving, fighting and spell-casting. This time, for a change, I am playing a Fighter in BG and I am debating whether to dual into a thief, as a Kensai/thief or Fighter/assasin or into a cleric, as a Beserker/Cleric. I am experimenting in a multi to try combos out and despite the slow level rises, my favourite so far is an 1/2 eleven Kensai/Mage/Thief, created with ShadowKeeper. The 1/2 orc beserker/cleric is also fun.

------------------

My doctor told me to eat more, but all this spam hasn't helped.

Click here for the album site.

Shadow Mage of the OHF.

Funny Bone of the LH
Old 05-02-2001, 04:13 PM   #17
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

stealthy, you gotta try the fighter/mage/bounty hunter. thats one of my favorites

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-02-2001, 07:14 PM   #18
Glycerine
Manshoon

The first game I played was a straight Human, Male, Mage. Got all the way to the very end, then got side-tracked and quit. (With the PS2 I think...)

This last time I played through from the beginning again, and this time decided to go with a Human, Male, Kensai. I dualed him over to a mage at level 12.

Glycerine
Old 05-02-2001, 08:16 PM   #19
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I've played the game through with almost every class now. Not multi.. just me and the NPCs. I like Bard, Cleric, and Mage/thief best so far. Bard has the best stronghold in my humble opinion.

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.
Old 05-02-2001, 09:55 PM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

isnt the bard stronghold in the five flagons?

------------------