Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-19-2001, 08:39 AM   #1
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

This was my first real forray into the CRPG realm and I enjoyed the hell out of it. The entire BG series was an incredible experience. I'm going to go through it again in mplayer and try to control the whole party, with way different characters. But I would also like to try other CRPG games, any suggestions.

------------------------------------------------------
live hard, love hard, play hard, die hard.

Dresdan
Old 11-19-2001, 08:54 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

If I were you, I would have waited to "Neverwinter Nights" release.
But if you want a game before that, try "Pool of Radiance 2", or "Wizardry 8".
Old 11-19-2001, 09:20 AM   #3
Ares

Neverwinter looks sooo confusing to me. I read a thing about it in one of my game mag's last nite about it and it looks really hard to learn and stuff. Only people who actually play D&D will know how to play it and what to do really. I myself have played D&D once with a friend and it was kinda confusing at first but then he killed me so i said forget that.

If you have internet and dont mind spending some $$$ on an account, play Everquest or get Planescape: Torment [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2001, 09:45 AM   #4
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

I've played in a couple of AD&D 2ND campaigns and enjoyed them to an extent. It was just hard to get everybody together on a regular basis, and when we did all get together it seems we always did more bullshitting than playing thats why I like these games I can play whenever I want. I don't have to try to keep every body in role and playing. Is Neverwinter Nights part of IceWindDale?
Old 11-19-2001, 07:00 PM   #5
Sean
Dungeon Master

I have heard pool of radience 2 is good.
Never winter nights is nothing to do with icewind dale.
Old 11-19-2001, 08:27 PM   #6
Debaser

If you really really enjoyed the BG series, i'm almost positive that you'll have some fun with icewind dale. don't expect the same depth of plot and any kind of NPC interaction, but its still a kickass game in its own right and any BG-loving person can appreciate it in some capacity.
also, if you're looking for something a little less free-form, but with a hundred times the plot development and role-playing (in the true sense of the word), try planescape:torment.
Old 11-19-2001, 08:32 PM   #7
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

In BG1 there is a guy that talks about Neverwinter.