Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-09-2001, 01:24 AM   #51
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

You want to call me Fluffy>?
why not make me a talking rabbit and call me mr. Floppy?
Old 02-09-2001, 01:44 AM   #52
Barbucha
Dungeon Master

The Doors, Bob Marley, Metallica, Nirvana, Tri sestry (czech band)...
Old 02-09-2001, 02:08 AM   #53
The X
Dungeon Master

Pearl Jam
Metallica
Pearl Jam
Metallica
Pearl Jam
Metallica
Pearl Jam
Metallica
Pearl Jam
Metallica
Pearl Jam
Metallica..........................
Old 02-09-2001, 02:29 AM   #54
Ash Wyrmspawn

Melusine...... Wow... you've mentioned three of Norway's biggest musical exports in one post! *L* Burzum, Dimmu Borgir and Mayhem...... it's a bit sad that Norway is only famous for their Black Metal music.... and yeah.... the churchburning fad that Count Grischnack (or however that is spelled) started was damn bad.
And just to add to your love of Norwegian music, I see you put Grieg up there as a counterweight.... good! *S*

Nice to see that so many people put Pearl Jam on their list. Was afraid that many/most people forgot them after they stopped making music videos..... apparently not! Grand!

Old 02-09-2001, 02:57 AM   #55
Migosh

Fnord! weird electronic music for me.

Biosphere (people near Norway may have heard of him)
Autechre
Aphex Twin
Bjork
Global Communication
Spacetime continuum
Brain Eno..

and oh so many more

Old 02-09-2001, 02:59 AM   #56
Ash Wyrmspawn

Migosh.... Yeah.... I know Biosphere.... though I haven't heard anything from him for quite a while now. Cool Ambient music.

Old 02-09-2001, 03:08 AM   #57
Migosh

ASh

Ah the joys of the internet, I live in Australia and had to order his latest album "Cirque" (came out mid last year i think) from way overseas. Some fo the best ambient music ive ever heard..

Old 02-09-2001, 03:08 AM   #58
Drau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cloudbringer, have you read Solzhenitsyn's "August 1914"?
Old 02-09-2001, 03:46 AM   #59
Ash Wyrmspawn

Migosh.... really? Last year? Hmmmm.... I must have missed thatone..... but I guess the fuzz about him kinda disappeared after he'd broken through outside Norway. Wasn't such a big deal any more after two successful albums. Weird.

Old 02-09-2001, 08:02 PM   #60
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Drau,

Yes, many years ago. Along with Gulag Archipelago, A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich and others. That last one is the one that made the most impact.

Read a lot of Russian/Soviet lit back then, had to, it was part of my major

Check out Bulgakov's Master and Margarita for a real treat. I've been on the street near the trolley tracks that are in the beginning of the book and in the apt bldg that is central to part of it. I had never read Faust, but there is quite a bit that you will appreciate in this work if you've read Faust. I had to take my prof's word for it at the time! Also try his Heart of A Dog (keep in mind that both of these were written "for the drawer" as in they were too satirical and too close to making the censors unhappy so were not actually expected to be published at the time.)

Cloudbringer