Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-17-2003, 09:45 PM   #21
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ain't that the truth, Ruth.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:24 PM   #22
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

OK...So, I installed 1.29 on XP as I stated previously. It WAS working fine until yesterday when the whole darn game froze up. Always when it was loading screens. Once I finally had a chance to restart, the same thing happened AGAIN!!!! So, I uninstalled and reinstalled with the original version and I'm not using the patch until someone has proof it works GREAT with NO PROBLEMS on XP. Thank you for letting me vent.
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:56 PM   #23
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes this is the XP crash bug. This has been around for quite some time actually, it's just it seems to have augmented with this newer patch.
Also there is a weird memory leak problem that has begun to arise with NWserver...these patches seem to break more than they fix lol
Old 04-23-2003, 01:05 PM   #24
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Ahhh...memory leaks. LOVE those! Any fixes for this in the works that we know of? Too strange that you said that, I was thinking the same thing. Quite the annoying problem. When did the leaks start happening? I'm just starting to get into this game is there something I can do to fix them on my own pc?
Old 04-23-2003, 02:48 PM   #25
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well the best thing you can do for your problem right now is revert to the 1.28 patch - if you do not play online, that is.

There have been various attempts at fixes to the memory problem but no solutions found really. The XP bug...well I don't know if Bioware are ever going to address it, it's been around for a long time and comes about only on XP (this may sound familiar to you) where the screen freezes, your character and everything else stops responding and the sound/music begins to loop, over and over (sometimes at night I still hear that same, haunting loop in my head ).

The problems with the memory leak really started with this lastest patch 1.29, and if you are still playing the official NWN's module just don't update until 1.30 comes out (in about 2 weeks).

[ 04-23-2003, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 04-23-2003, 04:10 PM   #26
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Thank you so much for the info! Actually, I haven't patched since I had to reinstall. (a tad bitter about that really) Do you think running the compatibility wizard that XP has may help? Maybe run it in 2000 instead?
Old 04-23-2003, 09:16 PM   #27
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Meh, I doubt it. I've tried it once or twice and no difference however you may have more luck with it than I....

You know you can get the earlier patches on the Bioware site don't you? I mean 1.28 or even 1.27 if you so wish, or maybe you just wanna go patchless for now - just letting you know as you may run into other bugs that were later fixed.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:27 PM   #28
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by NewbietoRPGs:
OK...So, I installed 1.29 on XP as I stated previously. It WAS working fine until yesterday when the whole darn game froze up. Always when it was loading screens. Once I finally had a chance to restart, the same thing happened AGAIN!!!! So, I uninstalled and reinstalled with the original version and I'm not using the patch until someone has proof it works GREAT with NO PROBLEMS on XP. Thank you for letting me vent.
This has actually been a bug around for some time. I remember when I first got the game, before any patches it would do exactly the same thing.

Turned out to be my soundcard drivers.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:33 PM   #29
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

I tried finding a previous patch but all I could get were patches that upgraded all the way to 1.29. I was looking in Downloads. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Old 04-24-2003, 12:47 PM   #30
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Home page / Downloads / Patches / Manually Reverting = Revert Patches Which offers a revert back to the following:

English 1.29 to 1.28 revert patch (1.0 MB)
German 1.29 to 1.27 revert patch (11.7 MB)
French 1.29 to 1.27 revert patch (11.7 MB)
Italian 1.29 to 1.27 revert patch (13.5 MB)
Spanish 1.29 to 1.27 revert patch (13.4 MB)

This link is all I could find.