Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2001, 07:09 AM   #21
Sigmar
Unicorn

Yes it may be cheezy and beardy but in my opinion the easiest legal way is
...........quivering palm. Fail the first time just load and try again no
problem. Monks are the best monster slayers!

------------------
Tiax will rule all!
Who prodded Tiax?!
Prepare to feel the mighty magical powers
of Tiax... stop laughing!
(The "wise" words of Tiax.)
Old 05-29-2001, 08:33 AM   #22
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I would've thought that poor Perin would've needed all the help he could get. At least six, well four men to carry the coffin - Perin's not that heavy.

Seriously, look at YOUR party and how you would attack the Prince of Demons.

Won't you need a couple more people to help scrap him off the walls

Old 05-29-2001, 08:42 AM   #23
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Maybe an undertaker to help put him back together..(if there's enough of him left to put back)

------------------
Why?
Old 05-29-2001, 09:52 AM   #24
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hmmm, maybe import a +5 M-16 with M-203 grenade launcher and +5 armor piercing bullets?
Old 05-29-2001, 12:36 PM   #25
Bristowe
Elminster

Demogorgon huh? My rangers racial enemy just happens to be demons...and he duals mace of disruption with C.F....I've also found that Viconia's Blade barrier/sanctuary combination works with just about anything short of a dragon...and there's supposed to be an even better spell than blade barrier in ToB...

The cloak of relfection would come in handy i would think, and the Harmonium shield too ( it think that what it called)...

"And you'll backstab what? the back of his leg?" - Memnoch
Can't backstab huh? damn...
Must ponder more....

------------------

Bristowe, Master Assassin
Old 05-29-2001, 08:50 PM   #26
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Draggors taken on most things so far so I'd go toe to toe with demogorgon and absorb his melee attacks. Hopefully I'll have a really big weapon by then. I saw the stats for a +6 spear so the runehammer I'll use is probably +10 or something. That will help. Nalia and Imoen will have lots of dispel magic and remove magic spells memorized. Insect swarm should work to disrupt his spell casting. Provided I can hit him it shouldn't take long to kill him when I'm dealing out 30 odd points of damage a hit. I'll probably have a second tank too and get them stuck into him. Anything I can get to disrupt his spell casting will be good. Oh yeah, and every healing item I can get my hands on. The fighter special abilities like max damage for several rounds will make a big difference.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 05-29-2001, 11:55 PM   #27
koz-ivan
Manshoon

items that prevent mind control

aeger's hide, prevents confusion (+ 20% resistance to fire, cold & acid)
harmony shield: charm, confusion, domination, hold person
helm of charm protection, (i think there are three in bg2)
greenstone amulet
----
weapons that prevent...

liacor & equalizer: both prevent charm & confusion
blackrazor: charm & fear (what can't this sword do?)
the drinker: charm & domination

---------

anybody know of any others?

with the above mentioned items, only edwin is left w/o some kind of charm protection, since his amulet is locked. (unless i'm overlooking something)
Old 05-30-2001, 07:13 AM   #28
Vampire

Lots of Time Stop and good Fighter Mages!
I have 2 Fighters dual to Mage
1 Thief dual to Mage
I can currently cast 8 time stops in a day. Get some scrolls and I can probably weaken the demon prince. What about summoning loads of Balors? They hate the Tanarri!

P.S. Bristowe looks like you are Yuxonmei fan! She was tough!
Old 05-30-2001, 08:51 AM   #29
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Ok this is a two-fold post.

First there is the question: why not hit him with quivering palm????
Fair question---- but what if skin to skin (gloves/gauntlets included) Drains your monk 5 levels PERMANENTLY>>??????? Worse than a vampire and even worse because if he hits anyone in your party with anything other than a missile attack then they DROP 5 LEVELS. Now that makes the Demogorgon one tough monster to fight.

Secondly, I do realise that its been a few years since I played D&D but I do remember that the best weapon that was ever created was +5. So a +6 Spear was an impossibility.

Dont 2handed swords do 3 to 18 damage??? 3d6???? plus weapon bonuses plus strength bonuses?????

Not 1 to 10 plus blah blah blah??????

I think they need to get back to the roots of D&D Here, or am I the lone guy who remembers this??????

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2001, 11:08 AM   #30
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Go to interplays site and go to the links page. Look up the ign items of the day. There's your +6 spear. I also read in a preview about a rune hammer that has to be assembled and makes Crom Fayr look like a toy.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.