Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-07-2001, 08:47 AM   #11
Z'hdhunn

Does that mean like start again arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Old 02-07-2001, 08:53 AM   #12
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

WHAT THE HELL ,NO BG3 ,THAT'S IT
PEOPLE I SAY WE STORM THE DOORS AND SET THIER HEADS ON PIKES
(scratches head,thinks to himself,,,now if we kill them who could you get to make the game...hum ..what to do..
Old 02-07-2001, 08:59 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well this news is not very welcome. Figures- they have a good thing and let it go. Who knows, maybe we'll like the new stuff as much, stranger things have happened.
Old 02-07-2001, 09:16 AM   #14
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks for keeping us up to date Memnoch. I'm gutted, but it's best to know on which side the bread's buttered I suppose. I was so hoping for a BG3...Oh well.

Gutted from London.
Old 02-07-2001, 09:25 AM   #15
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Too depressed to post.
Old 02-07-2001, 10:12 AM   #16
Jon the Hell Caster

Also you forgot to mention my team memnoch.

Old 02-07-2001, 10:25 AM   #17
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

DAMMIT!!!

Thanks Memnoch anyway, I sure hope NWN and the other games can make one as happy as BG has! sniff

Now, to ensure that this never happens again I've summoned a few 'helpers' who are to 'persuade' the developers to change their minds...

and his little brother

There, that should do the trick!
Old 02-07-2001, 10:47 AM   #18
Caliton

*sigh* I just hope that the expansion pack is large and inviting to all the players...good god...why are they letting go of the series?! WHHHHYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!

KKKKKHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2001, 11:48 AM   #19
Karl

To be honest, I think it's a good thing. How much more can they do with the series anyway? Yeah, yeah, there could be a lot, but you finish BG2 with a 17th lvl Mage. Any more levels, and you'll have access to all the available spells. There really aren't too many more powerful magic items on the caliber of Staff of the Magi, Crom Faeyr, and Holy Avenger.

A beholder, mind flayer, or vampire you can smack around with one fighter. That dragon at the end of the BG2 was a joke! To make the game at least somewhat interesting, the developers have to pitch at you constantly with liches, dragons, demons, celestials, and high level mages to provide at least some challenge. If they do, it'll just be another dull hack and slash on par with Diablo 2.

It's a good idea that they're going to start from scratch with a new storyline.

Old 02-07-2001, 01:17 PM   #20
Ziegfried

At last we can hope that the expansion will be very big and will include some new cooler features, such as new monster and better weapons (where's my bastard sword +4?).

As for constantly battle liches and dragons, that is certaintly fun, but the main reason that I like BG2 and BG over IWD is because you get to battle other parties of enemies with fighters, archers, mages and clerics, and that requieres MORE strategy than simply fighitng horde after horde of mindless monsters. Sure, fighting monsters is FUN, but you don't always want to be battling mindless monsters.