Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-07-2001, 01:31 AM   #1
Big Dave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have four of the five evil elements. I'm looking for the key that fits in the room with the bookshelf. I read the walk through. It says the key I need looks like a crank and can be found inside a treasure chest on the Musician's Balcony. I went there and opened up that chest. Lo and behold there was no key there. I've opened up all of the chests in every room inside that Dungeon and there was no key. I don't know how I could have missed it. I found everything else. What am I doing wrong?
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 01:33 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It looks like a crank, not a key.

Musician's balcony???? Never heard it called THAT before.

Go down the dumbwaiter from the kitchen. Go up the curving staircase as soon as you get off the dumbwaiter. At the top, go through the door on the right. There's a chest all the way back through that door. That's where the crank is.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 01:38 AM   #3
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

There are two balconies and two chests. The "Strange Key" that looks like a crank is in the chest on the balcony that has only one door. The chest is sort of hiding behind some crates and I mistook it for a crate the first time. I almost ignored it, but I wanted to make my map complete so I moved closer and realized my mistake.

That will not get you the fifth element, tho. But you do need it to open up the room so you can perform the ceremony. Have you talked to Ardibren outside the walls yet? He gives you one of the elements and tells you the locations of the others.

Good Luck,

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 02:14 AM   #4
Big Dave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I went back and went up the kitchen stairs. There are two doors at the top of the stairs. I went in the closest door to the stairs. I had been there before. I went all of the way to the back and looked in the corner. There was an empty chest that I had already raided. I went to the other door and can't get in because it won't open. I haven't been on the second balcony. Maybe the crank is there. How do I get onto the second balcony?

By the way, at volberding.com is where I picked up the term Musician's Balcony.
Old 06-07-2001, 02:58 AM   #5
Big Dave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I went back and I found the entrance to the second balcony. I raided the chest and was disappointed to not find the crank there. I then went back to the first balcony and I had an idea. I moved the empty chest. Mystery solved. I found the missing object. What had happened was when I clicked to pick it up I was full and couldn't carry any more so it fell to the floor and I didn't notice. Thanks for your help Sazerac and Knarfling.
Old 06-07-2001, 09:20 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Big Dave - Glad you finally got the crank!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 11:39 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Dave:
By the way, at volberding.com is where I picked up the term Musician's Balcony.
Rick? Is there a story behind this one?

Glad you found it, Big Dave (the crank, I mean). I can't tell you how many times I've dropped things without realizing it because my inventory was too full.

-Sazerac

Old 06-07-2001, 12:30 PM   #8
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Saz,

A very tenuous link. At the time I wrote the Shurugeon walk-through I was re-reading Alistair's McLean's "Where Eagles Dare." At one point in the book the heroes are crouching in the castle's Musician's Balcony watching the proceedings below in the hall (where the actor posing as the general is about to be injected with truth serum).

Obviously my "linkages" need heavy-duty maintenance.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 12:45 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Interesting story, Rick! Thanks for sharing that.

Based on what you said, the allusion is quite appropriate! Right down below there is where everyone gets ambushed by the spooks.

Hehe, the only musical place I knew in the game was the orchestra pit in the ballroom of Skull Castle where you find G'Ezzered Ra for the first time. (At least it looks like a ballroom!

-Sazerac