Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2001, 12:57 AM   #1
Sean Mc.

Howdy,

O.K. just got this game and felt compelled to cheat a bit (this game ain't easy.) I have the cheat installed and don't want to have to recreate a character again (or cheat so much that my priest has resurrect spell,) however, can't seem to get my character resurrected. I thought it was FirstAid(); then clicking Ctl R while character highlighted, but doesn't seem to help.

Am I doing it wrong, or do I have the wrong directions? Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Old 01-18-2001, 03:55 PM   #2
Khanar Tor'vel

Cheating already? And you just got the game? My my my.
Old 01-18-2001, 04:11 PM   #3
Sean Mc.

Ack Phttttppp.

(sniff sniff) it's not the fairest game out there...it can be pretty tough and I'm tired of having to create a new character, or spend major $$ to resurrect someone. Are you telling me you've gotten through the game with no cheating at all?
Old 01-18-2001, 04:23 PM   #4
Khanar Tor'vel

Yep. Just finished the game about two weeks ago. Now I'm thinking about starting it again with a different type of party.

How far along are you btw? When I first started fooling around with the game I thought it was HARD too. I couldn't even get past the Orc cave in the prolouge. It was my first RPG though so after about month of thinking everything over I finally figured out how to play it.
Old 01-18-2001, 05:59 PM   #5
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This game is far too easy to need to cheat, and even if it was tough I still wouldn't bother. I like the satisfaction of knowing I can solve a problem on my own, not stooping to some GHeY cheats. If you have trouble, ask for help! That's what these boards are for, and we're here to help

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 06:06 PM   #6
Sean Mc.

Great, wonderfull, thank you,

Can someone please asnswer my question though regarding how to resurrect someone?
Old 01-19-2001, 01:51 PM   #7
The_Daemon

This game was simple, try an actual challenge like Baldur's Gate II.
Don't need to cheat there either, though.
Old 01-19-2001, 01:58 PM   #8
G.W.

You can go to the temple and buy a resurrect. Or just restart and fight the battle again. That's what I always did.
Old 01-19-2001, 02:10 PM   #9
slackmaster

I finished the game to, and restarted it playing with my same characters so I could level up
some of them for the sequal neverwinter knights.my cleric died at the final battle so it took
me a while til I had enough money to get her resurrected. I would suggest though just to start over that would be the easiest.it takes alot of cabbage to buy a resurrect spell! have fun!!
Old 01-19-2001, 09:04 PM   #10
G.W.

By restart I mean, reload your saved game.