Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-15-2001, 06:48 PM   #1
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I had a recommended install on my machine because I wasn't playing that often and I decided I wanted to go to the full install. I had to completely uninstall the program to do this. I uninstalled the program (both TOB and bg2) and then tried to run the setup. It opened up the installshield wizard and then asked if I wanted to completely remove the program. I don't want to remove it, I already did, I want to add it. I have since deleted every mention of interplay, bioware, bg2, baldur, and black isle in the registry. I have deleted every file named any of the aforementioned off the disk too. Still when I try to install the program try's to uninstall instead of install for me.

Going nuts!! Any ideas?

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 07-15-2001, 06:51 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

I had this problem: go to "Run" from the start menu, then browse into the D: drive ("D" is my cd drive, browse whatever you'res is called) and there will be a number of things, including a "Setup" program. Run it and it'll go straight to the installing screen

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 07:01 PM   #3
Gazza
Banned User

Something likethis happened to me before. All you have to do is go into windows explorer, open up your cd rom, and click on setup. It should just go staight into the setup process.

------------------

Know thy enemy and know thyself and you will never be defeated in a hundred battles.
Old 07-15-2001, 07:09 PM   #4
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

I had a similar problem at one point with Planescape... I got rid of the remaining programs through the add/remove program tool...

------------------
"Beware fool that you put too much stock in the power of the spoken word, lest the unspoken one trample you from behind."
Kormar
Old 07-15-2001, 08:34 PM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah, me too! Jerome & Gazza have the right idea, and Kormar is probably right as well. You should be able to get fix it now.

Gazza - just LOVE that dragon!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 07-15-2001).]
Old 07-16-2001, 02:01 AM   #6
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Thanks for the help guys, but I have already tried to run the setup from the cd. It doesn't do anything for me. I have even modified the setup script and reburned the cd and it didn't fix the problem. I'll try to call interplay support tomorrow.

Thanks again!!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 07-16-2001, 02:05 AM   #7
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

I have found out not to use the Uninstaller with the game. I always use the add-remove programs tool that is with windows and I never had any problem with it.

------------------
Vampire Lord

I am your Lord.
I dine on the Best.
So come, give me your BLOOD!
Old 07-16-2001, 12:28 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I figured it out!

There is a hidden folder in your program files directory called Installshield. There are a bunch of folders in there for various apps and if the one for baldurs gate still exists there when you try to install the game, it won't install.

Thanks for the help everyone!

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB