Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-09-2004, 04:07 AM   #31
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey johnny - there is no such thing as a friendly when Australia plays England . The Enlish press after the mauling supported that premise . The howls of derision that they couldn't even beat us at football echoed to every corner of the Commonwealth.

Oh - the last time Holland played us at football was in the qualifiers for one of the Olympics (Barcelona I think - or maybe Altanta). It was the Aussies that went through courtesy of a last minute strike from a very improbable angle.

Getting back on topic - has Clive recovered yet - or has he called for mass sackings amongst the officials for getting all the decisions wrong?
Old 03-09-2004, 04:22 AM   #32
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hey johnny - there is no such thing as a friendly when Australia plays England . The Enlish press after the mauling supported that premise . The howls of derision that they couldn't even beat us at football echoed to every corner of the Commonwealth.

Oh - the last time Holland played us at football was in the qualifiers for one of the Olympics (Barcelona I think - or maybe Altanta). It was the Aussies that went through courtesy of a last minute strike from a very improbable angle.

Getting back on topic - has Clive recovered yet - or has he called for mass sackings amongst the officials for getting all the decisions wrong?
The olympics ? They don't even allow the pro's overthere. You guys beat some amateurteam overhere. Sheesh.... do you write down every meaningless victory in your historybooks ?
Old 03-09-2004, 05:06 AM   #33
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hahahahaha - you wanted to know the result for the last time we met - twas in 1992 - your guys managed a 1-1 draw here, and in your home leg played in Utrecht you had us on toast 2-1 up with 20 seconds to go - but thanks to Ned Zelic we went through on the away goals rule. Looking at the Aussie side that was on the park it had Okon and Zelic and Viduka and Vidmarr at el. Unfortunately it lists your side as "unavailable" but it would be interesting to know what names from the U23's went on to have stellar careers at national level. You would have to be less casually dismissive then wouldn't you [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 03-09-2004, 05:56 AM   #34
Skippy1
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
quote:
Originally posted by Skippy1:
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Oooooo.....When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing....
Lets have the lot SpiritWarrior!! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]*Steps forward* "Ahem...Cough, cough." *Frowns slightly* "Sit down will ya, Ma! Right then, here goes..."

There's a tear in your eye,
And I'm wondering why,
For it never should be there at all.
With such pow'r in your smile,
Sure a stone you'd beguile,
So there's never a teardrop should fall.
When your sweet lilting laughter's
Like some fairy song,
And your eyes twinkle bright as can be;
You should laugh all the while
And all other times smile,
And now, smile a smile for me.

Ooooooo....When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away.

For your smile is a part
Of the love in your heart,
And it makes even sunshine more bright.
Like the linnet's sweet song,
Crooning all the day long,
Comes your laughter and light.
For the springtime of life
Is the sweetest of all
There is ne'er a real care or regret;
And while springtime is ours
Throughout all of youth's hours,
Let us smile each chance we get .

"Thanks all. Oh and by the way, as far as we're concerned Colin Farrell isn't Irish" [img]smile.gif[/img] .
[/QUOTE]Nice one SpiritWarrior!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:05 AM   #35
Donut
Jack Burton

Iran, Uruguay, they are trulygreat football teams.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-09-2004, 07:59 AM   #36
Davros
Takhisis Follower

So is Ireland - and I don't this thread has given them enough credit yet - oh for a picture of Clive with his head in his hands to link to
Old 03-09-2004, 08:15 AM   #37
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
So is Ireland - and I don't this thread has given them enough credit yet - oh for a picture of Clive with his head in his hands to link to
I notice you haven't mentioned the performance of your Motherland in Italy at the weekend.

It's just one defeat after another for you Davros!!

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-09-2004, 08:26 AM   #38
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Deflect and dissemble all you like me ole matey, but your lot are in the same boat as the braw lads north of the border, neither of ye will no be holdin that 6 nations trophy this year .
Old 03-09-2004, 09:41 AM   #39
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Hahahahaha - you wanted to know the result for the last time we met - twas in 1992 - your guys managed a 1-1 draw here, and in your home leg played in Utrecht you had us on toast 2-1 up with 20 seconds to go - but thanks to Ned Zelic we went through on the away goals rule. Looking at the Aussie side that was on the park it had Okon and Zelic and Viduka and Vidmarr at el. Unfortunately it lists your side as "unavailable" but it would be interesting to know what names from the U23's went on to have stellar careers at national level. You would have to be less casually dismissive then wouldn't you [img]smile.gif[/img] .
You didn't play our national squad, you played a bunch of guys in an orange shirt, but not our top boys. If you follow football, and i know you do, you should know that in those days, we had players like Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Koeman, and a rookie named Dennis Bergkamp in our national team. None of them played in that match, the Olympic squad consisted mostly out of first division players. Would you have met the REAL national squad, your guys wouldn't have seen the Olympics, there's no doubt in my mind about that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 04:37 PM   #40
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Cheers johnny - yes I am aware of what players were in your national squad at that time. It would still be nice if you could find out how many if any of the next generation (ie Zendens and De Boers and Nistelrojs and Davids) played in that game though. I can't seem to find that info from my end. I am betting your team didn't all sink into anonymity based on their one antipodean disgrace and thta some of them went on to wear the national shirt.