Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2002, 12:57 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Here is what happened to me last night:

Started feeling jittery--like you feel when you are sick kinda, but then my stomach was really aching/burning. then I started feeling sick to my stomach, cold sweats, hot sweats. (Feet, Underarms, etc) then felt like throwing up (I didn't though). Felt like I was going to have diarrhea, but it's normal. this kept me up all night, rolling around in bed, can't eat or REALLY drink anything. (Could take 'sip's of drink, but sometimes it made me wanna throw up).

Now, this morning, it died down, and I am fine. the only thing I still have is a kinda burning in my stomach. Now I DO have heart burn a lot, take Zantac all the time, and as many of you know, have been on pain medicine for hip/leg pains for 6 years or so..

But the THING is, this happened 2 months ago, almost the exact SAME thing, but worse then. I felt like I was going to pass out, I started kinda freaking out.. scared really. shit, I don't know.. but remember when I told you guys when I THOUGHT I had a reaction to VIOXX? Well, it must have not been.

All I could keep thinking of is:

1. If I threw up, I 'thought' it would be blood.
2. If I went '#2', it would be ..same as #1. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, yes, that could all just be in my mind, since I found my mom at 3am a year ago at 3am passed out almost, throwing up blood. (It was a bleeding ulcer--that's what started the find to cancer)

Anyway, I kinda feel like it may just be a 24 hr virus, because my sister a week ago had the same thing, but she DID throw up. but I have burning in my stomach a lot. as I said, I do take lots of Zantac, but I kinda think it's just been bad lately because of the situation with my Mom, and stuff.

Sorry for rattling on, I just need someone to give me some tips..

Do you think it's just a virus? Stomach virus or something? OR....
Do you think I may have a ulcer? (I've never coughed up blood or nothing). BUT, the first time I had this, a week later, I had a dark stool (blood?) But VIOXX did say it can cause bleeding of the stomach.. god, all these new drugs, I'm telling you guys, WATCH OUT for these. All these new drugs are not as well tested as the old drugs.

Anyway, please reply or email me with what you think, in your opinion.

PS: My diet isn't the 'best'. I drink gallons of Mt. Dew, and (Probably the first time you'll hear this here) smoke. (NOT much, less than a pack a day). *hears the sounds of countless gasps*

Anyway, I'm just a nut about my body being in good working order, and feeling these new odd things is weird. aging sucks.

Thanks!!

PS: That is why I wasn't on here Tuesday or answering emails.. ugh! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-25-2002, 01:01 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Whatever's wrong, Ziroc, take care of yourself, man! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

Hm, well, there's really no such thing as a 24-hour "bug" so to speak. Truth to tell, it sounds like an allergic reaction. Ask the following questions:

1) What did you eat or drink within the 12 hours before the onset?
2) Did you go into any new environments?
3) Were you exposed to any chemicals (fresh paint, bug spray, etc.)?
4) Did you take any new OTC medications?
5) Were there any similarities in what you ate, drank, or were exposed to between the two incidents?

Whatever, I'd get to a doctor and have him check you out. Let us know how it's going!

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-25-2002, 01:10 AM   #3
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

I wish i had some good info for you but i don't only thing i can think of is an allergic reaction like saz said or side effects from medicine. Well if you find out what it is i hope it isn't serious.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:13 AM   #4
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Do you think mabey it could have been food poisoning cause something like that happended to my friend after he got food poisoning.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:18 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I agree with Saz, its probably an allergic reaction. But there is one question which you may be able to answer- What is the point of smoking ?? Hopefully ill be able to get a better answer out of you then I have out of anyone else...
Old 01-25-2002, 01:35 AM   #6
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well I am no doctor, but yeah, I think its what Sazs said. Allergic Reaction.

Lennon, they say it helps to calm you down. Most people know they should quit, and I doubt they need people asking them why they dont.

My cousien does that to every person he sees smoking, cripes its annoying.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:42 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
I agree with Saz, its probably an allergic reaction. But there is one question which you may be able to answer- What is the point of smoking ?? Hopefully ill be able to get a better answer out of you then I have out of anyone else...

Well, *that's* a rather pointed question, don't you think? (no pun intended). People begin smoking for various reasons; peer pressure being one of the largest ones. All I know is that nicotine, the active ingredient of tobacco, is one of the most addictive substances on the face of this earth, more so even than crack cocaine or heroin. Smoking or otherwise using tobacco products is one of the most difficult habits to break. So in answer to your question, I don't think it's so much of a "point" to smoking as it is a very difficult thing to stop.

If you don't smoke now, don't start. However, if you know people who smoke, don't be so patronizing and antagonizing as to ask such rude questions of them. Most likely, they've heard it all 100 times before, and they've probably tried several times to overthrow the habit, with little success.

And, in case you're wondering, no, I *don't* smoke. But my wife does. I accept it and will be in full support of her when she does try to quit, if ever she decides to do so. However, I also love and respect her enough to allow her to make that decision without hounding and badgering her about it.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-25-2002, 02:00 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

Well, *that's* a rather pointed question, don't you think? (no pun intended). People begin smoking for various reasons; peer pressure being one of the largest ones. All I know is that nicotine, the active ingredient of tobacco, is one of the most addictive substances on the face of this earth, more so even than crack cocaine or heroin. Smoking or otherwise using tobacco products is one of the most difficult habits to break. So in answer to your question, I don't think it's so much of a "point" to smoking as it is a very difficult thing to stop.

If you don't smoke now, don't start. However, if you know people who smoke, don't be so patronizing and antagonizing as to ask such rude questions of them. Most likely, they've heard it all 100 times before, and they've probably tried several times to overthrow the habit, with little success.

And, in case you're wondering, no, I *don't* smoke. But my wife does. I accept it and will be in full support of her when she does try to quit, if ever she decides to do so. However, I also love and respect her enough to allow her to make that decision without hounding and badgering her about it.

-Sazerac

OK, maybe I shouldnt have asked... I do have an unfortunate tendancy to word things in the exact wrong way, making it seem like I was being rude . But thanks for the answer Saz, its about the best ive ever gotten from anyone smoker or no.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:06 AM   #9
Durwyn
Elminster

Ok this is no joke, just a fair warning Ziroc, it sounds exactly like Anthrax at its beginnings, in Russia we call it "Siberiskaya Yazva". Same symptoms occur as you've described, so please go see a doctor ASAP. And I sure pray that its not, so just a fair warning Ziroc, I do not want to scare ya or anything man but trust me get that checked out ASAP.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Durwyn ]

Old 01-25-2002, 02:26 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
Ok this is no joke, just a fair warning Ziroc, it sounds exactly like Anthrax at its beginnings, in Russia we call it "Siberiskaya Yazva". Same symptoms occur as you've described, so please go see a doctor ASAP. And I sure pray that its not, so just a fair warning Ziroc, I do not want to scare ya or anything man but trust me get that checked out ASAP.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Durwyn ]

It's happened two months ago though.. I'd be dead by now.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I DID find a website on Abdominal pain stuff:
http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/abpainchart
(It's scary just to READ it.. you'll think you have every damn 'thing' in the world) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album