Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-22-2003, 09:49 PM   #1
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

I've seen alot of mods out there...now...which one is the best in your opinion?
Old 12-23-2003, 06:30 AM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

I haven't played them myself yet, but I've heard that the Dreamcathcer series is excellent.

Of those I've have played, my favourite this far is 'An Ancient Heart'. It has almost anything you'd wish from a mod and is, unlike some mods out there, actually interresting and fun to play.

Another fun and unusual one is 'Elegia Eternum', a short and completely story-driven mod with actual voice acting on all spoken dialogue. Huge download though.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:24 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

For the best mods, go to http://www.adamandjamie.com/nwn/
Start with Shadowlords, then Dreamcatcher. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 03:58 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

i'm waiting for the DragonLance Adventures to come out. should be good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

i love Witches Wake by Rob Bartel (from bioware)... his Live Team is making Witches Wake 2 which (??? hahahah too many witches/whiches here) will be available for download by the NWN updater sometime next year. you can get the first one thru your updater also. [img]smile.gif[/img]

excrucio eternum is absolutely topnotch. it's a very deep story/plot line and is so immersive that i couldn't put it down the first time i played thru it. it's called ee2, but it's to differentiate it from elegia eternum, which was the first in the series. already mentioned above, elegia eternum is also an very very story driven module. it had me on the edge of my chair, which made me very anxious to play anything else by the writer.

the lone wolf series is great, too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

for silly adult fun, i like Sex & the Single Adventuress. adult comedy, very light hearted.

oh yeah, and Pool of Radiance (SoU). based on the first PnP module, which i never played before. i'm enjoying it quite a bit.

if none of these appeal to you, just head over to NWVault.com and see what they have. it'll boggle you! i would suggest setting the formatting up so that you get to view either the Current Top Rated Modules or go the Hall of Fame. that alone will keep you busy for a bit. [img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V

[ 12-26-2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 12-26-2003, 06:11 PM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Below is a link to the NWVault Hall of Fame (like Vesselle already suggested, I'm just trying to make it easier ). All these modules are very high quality, so just pick the one that appeals to you the most [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/HallOfFame.shtml

[ 12-26-2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Old 12-27-2003, 04:15 AM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

I havn't tried that many, but I really liked Forge of Fury, it's based on a 3rd edition module I had and it's very close to the module.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 09:38 AM   #7
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Kale's Rangers is the only one I've found so far that is exclusively for rangers---and you actually must use your ranger skills rather than be the quasi-fighter with a bow that the OC forces you to be.

Shadowlords and Dreamcatcher series an absolute MUST play if you enjoy roleplay with your hack 'n' slash with a bit of possible romance thrown in.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:37 PM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:

excrucio eternum is absolutely topnotch. it's a very deep story/plot line and is so immersive that i couldn't put it down the first time i played thru it. it's called ee2, but it's to differentiate it from elegia eternum, which was the first in the series. already mentioned above, elegia eternum is also an very very story driven module. it had me on the edge of my chair, which made me very anxious to play anything else by the writer.
Whoa.. after such positive feedback, I went to check out that series, and it is absolutely brilliant. The first part in the series has voice actors for every single dialogue, and a strong story. The sequel is even better, and reminds me of Planescape: Torment. I haven't seen such interesting characters in ages. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2004, 12:03 PM   #9
Epona
Zartan

Shadowlords and Dreamcatcher - excellent modules, well written, very innovative (especially dreamcatcher) with fantastic locations and imaginative use of tilesets to create weird and wonderful locations.

Penultima and Penultima Rerolled - if you like a bit of tongue in cheek humour, these are fantastic and very well written.

Pools of Radiance - I found it a bit 'fetch and carry' for my liking, lots of large locations to traipse across with little of interest and no real idea of what I was supposed to be doing.

Lone Wolf - absolutely top class.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:13 PM   #10
Stratos
Vampire

Strange that people mention Pool of Radiance, I though it was mediocre. Way too much running around and very linear, but I haven't played the original so I didn't get that 'nostalgic' feeling while playing it.