Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-02-2004, 01:32 PM   #1
Dnirr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi All!

It's been years since I fist heard of Wizards & Warriors, wich was then still in it's early design stages. As time progressed I visited it's site regularly, only to marvel at the screenshots (wich I then found very beautifull) and to wonder how it would play. When the game was finally released I could not find it in stores around my country. (Well, not in stores in my vicinity anyway) The chances of it being imported grew fewer as time progressed and it became clear that it didn't sell as well as I would have hoped. In fact, as to this day, I've never seen a single box. (Or else I would've bought it immediately, offcourse [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, finally, years after the game's initial release, my eye fell upon a budget-compilation consisting of a few worthless games and one very small gem: W&W! I've just installed it, and played it for the first time.. wonderfull! I guess I'll be spending quite some time with it, as the game world seems amazingly detailed.

The reason I post here is because it's nice to see such a friendly and active community based around W&W. Besides that, I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to those of you who compiled the technical FAQ! Especially to the players who found out that, in order to play in Win XP, you need to uncompress the .AVI files. I never would have guessed that one!

Be seeing you!
Dnirr
Old 04-02-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Well, then we had better live up to our reputation as being kind to new members of the board. [img]smile.gif[/img]

A very warm welcome to you, Dnirr. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Nice to have you with us. Keep us posted on your progress and feel free to ask as many questions you wish. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 04:14 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Dnirr! May your journeys in the Gael Serran be everything you've anticipated...

And you're most welcome on the Tech Tips thread. Several of us got together to assemble it, and many folks have been helped by it. I think Sazerac may have been the person to figure out decompressing the video files, and Willow has found a codec available that works on WinXP. We're always adding...

And we're always happy to find new converts to the cause [img]smile.gif[/img] So get out there and kill something, would you? There's a world to be saved...

Oh, and don't forget about the Best Tips thread either. When you get stuck, the answer will probably be in there... along with a few spoils, potentially. Still, 'twill be lots o' fun
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Dnirr!!!

Glad you were finally able to find W&W! It's a great game!
That Tech Thread is something special and has helped so many players!! Those who put in a lot of work creating it deserve lots of credit!

Keep us posted on how your game it going!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:03 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the board Dnirr. It's so great that the tech thread helped you! We're all proud of that one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*sneaks away ashamed since she remembers she hasn't updated the thread in ages*
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote