Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 01:29 PM   #1
frostg1ant
Dungeon Master

Hi everyone,

I installed W&W on my WinXP system and applied the patch. I have a few questions regarding my save game files and some weird issues that happened:

1. I have all my most recent save files dated May 24th, 2001. However I neglected to backup the ROSTER.DAT file at that time. The only ROSTER.DAT file I have is dated back in November 2000. I do have the save directory from November 2000 as well so if absolutely necessary I could roll back to that time with both the SAVE directory and ROSTER.DAT.

However, I would like to know if I can use my SAVE directory dated MAY 2001 and the ROSTER.DAT dated November 2000? What information is stored in the ROSTER.DAT file? Is this OK to do?

2. I obviously re-installed the game just now. I loaded a save game that had saved my progress after the Crypt has been cleared and right after the bandit camp. However, when I entered and then exited the Inn there was Gareth again in front of the Inn telling me about the Mavin Sword just like when you first start the game from the beginning! Is this normal behavior after re-installing the game? It seems that the game should know that I have already been through all those dialogs since I loaded one of my saves.

Please help!

Thanks so much,

frosty

[This message has been edited by frostg1ant (edited 10-27-2001).]
frostg1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 01:51 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It is quite possible that as long as you have an active character set in the game, ROSTER.DAT may be respawned. I'd try it and see. Otherwise, yes, you'd probably need to roll it back.

ROSTER.DAT is the collection of "who's in the Inn", afaik.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 02:58 PM   #3
frostg1ant
Dungeon Master

Hi everyone!

Yes, the ROSTER.DAT file re-creates itself! Very cool. I can use my most recent saves.

Thanks to everyone for their help. I put the game down quite some time ago because my wife and I had a new baby girl, but now that I have some more time I am going to try and finish this game. I have always thought it was a very fun CRPG!

Thanks for all the friendly help and advice...

frosty
frostg1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 05:28 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, frostg1ant!!!

Congrats on the baby girl!! Keep us posted on how you are doing!! (with the baby and the game )

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote