Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-18-2002, 10:59 AM   #11
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

A quick fix is that since she has the IP addy and the FQDN she can add an entry to her hosts file to resolve the name from there.
Old 04-18-2002, 04:55 PM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well the problem seems to have spontaneously fixed itself this morning. So here I am again, thanks all who tried to help [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2002, 09:51 PM   #13
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:

Ok, she just mailed back, apparently the IP works, the domain name doesnt. Ive asked her what her DNS server is set to, and I will give her the alternative one to use.
I just hope she doesnt have the alternative one Memnoch posted as her DNS!! ... I wont know what to say!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, and Memnoch- I *am* still using ADSL... im hopefully not going back to the ice age (56k...) for a long while yet
Lennon, mind using a different font for your text? That tiny medieval one you're using is giving me (and probably others) a headache when I try and read it. Especially when you capitalize, it's unintelligible.

Just my 2c.

About Aelia's problem, tell her to go to www.whirlpool.net.au, go to the forums, and do a search on DNS servers, that should bring up a list of alternates that she can use.

Keep us updated, I hate the thought of her suffering. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Testing new font.
Old 04-19-2002, 03:24 AM   #14
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Well the problem seems to have spontaneously fixed itself this morning. So here I am again, thanks all who tried to help [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 08:06 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:

Ok, she just mailed back, apparently the IP works, the domain name doesnt. Ive asked her what her DNS server is set to, and I will give her the alternative one to use.
I just hope she doesnt have the alternative one Memnoch posted as her DNS!! ... I wont know what to say!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, and Memnoch- I *am* still using ADSL... im hopefully not going back to the ice age (56k...) for a long while yet
Lennon, mind using a different font for your text? That tiny medieval one you're using is giving me (and probably others) a headache when I try and read it. Especially when you capitalize, it's unintelligible.

Just my 2c.

About Aelia's problem, tell her to go to www.whirlpool.net.au, go to the forums, and do a search on DNS servers, that should bring up a list of alternates that she can use.

Keep us updated, I hate the thought of her suffering. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Testing new font.
[/QUOTE]Lennon, it's even worse. It's your choice what font you want to use, but I'm being honest - it's an effort to try and read it. There's a good reason why books are written in easy-to-read fonts - it encourages people to read them.

Old 04-28-2002, 03:16 AM   #16
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Ok, AJ just told me on MSN that she is again having IW problems.
She says shes tried about 8 different DNS settings, and that it isnt happening on any site but Ironworks.

Raise your hand all who hate Telstra
*raises hand* [img]tongue.gif[/img]