Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-18-2001, 10:25 AM   #31
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

yay! i just finished the book i was reading (Spine of the World), and reccomend it for those of you who like fantasy reading. now, it is time for me to get working on some other books on my 'to read' pile.

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
Old 06-18-2001, 10:43 AM   #32
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Goodmorning, everyone.

RudeDawg walks behind the counter, grabs a mug of java, and adds a shot of capp. He looks at the plates of pasteries, and chooses a simple buttered croisant.

He moves to a table, and plugs his laptop into the connection. It's so good that she added broadband connections to the cafe. Time to check the boards.

Now: :verybad:

Today is bad.

For those of you who don't know, I suffer from something called Cluster Headaches. They hurt. BAD. For the last 3 days, I haven't been able to sleep more than 2 hours a night. It hurts to breathe folks. One of the reasons I post so often, is because I need the distraction (Thanks Ziroc, I thank you so much. This place helps.)

Today, I am not going in to work. I couldn't even if I could drive with this. I cannot be nice to save my life. So if I seem sarcastic today, please bear with me, and let me know I'm actin like an A-hole.

So, I will be a busy little poster today. Expect additions to the Choco-quest, and various discussions. I will be posting Perin's Challenge today, so visit the BG2 forum later to get the details. And yes, for those of you who are palying, I will post to the free-flow games I am in.

MSN will be on inna bit, and my ICQ. I'm d/l-ing Yahoo Messenger as well (For work). If you'd like to chat with the Dawg, feel free to message me.

ONE MORE ANNOUNCEMENT: I am in a couple of BG2 mutli's right now, one a beginning level. Our bard is dying to tell you, but is afraid of shaming Perin, so I will share. I got my A$$ kicked yesterday. I died. TWICE. I am the only Archer I know who tries to tank. And I stay in the CloudKill area while fighting. *sigh* Well, I never said Perin was smart.

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 10:54 AM   #33
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

kiwidoc leaves her guitar on the couch and crosses the cafe. She wraps Rude Dawg up in a very gentle hug and very, very carefully kisses him on the left cheek with her lips of major healing +5 . Soo sorry you are sore

kiwodoc gets Cluster Headaches too - and they are REALLY painful. To put it in context they are worse than labour pains

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-18-2001, 10:59 AM   #34
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
kiwodoc gets Cluster Headaches too - and they are REALLY painful. To put it in context they are worse than labour pains

I have labor pains?

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 11:10 AM   #35
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well well well, what do we have here... hmm...

this looks like a... coffee shop? a starbucks carbon copy, i suppose not.

it looks like a great place to hang out and just have some fun!!!

do you guys have.. umm... hazelnut?

------------------
Yukishiro Tomoe protected her happines by sacrificing herself- I will do the same
Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-18-2001, 11:20 AM   #36
Moni

Cloudy,
Thanks for the hug! I do feel better, thanks.
I learned to celebrate the memory rather than the loss and I have a lot of happy moments to reflect on when I need them.
Orange honey spread?!
Hand it over!
I never could pass up a cup of orange tea with honey!
I'll let it steep while I finish this coffee.

CyberPixie,
*HUGS* Nice to see you here!
I am sorry for your loss and the fact that there have to be reminders in our lives that the people we loved who are gone (in body at least) are not here with us to hug, talk to, and laugh with. Time does make it easier to deal with even if some sadness never goes away...it at least fades.

Your concoction reminds me of days when I would stop in a coffee house on my way home from work and pick up a bag of freshly ground mocha-hazelnut coffee and a carton of Irish Creme Creamer. Flavorgasm huh?! LOL No wonder I liked it so much!

BladeMaster,
Thank you for your offer!
I know the pain you felt in missing your Grandfather's funeral. I missed my dad's.
It is just as well though, things got really ugly and I remain estranged from siblings to this day for the cruel and callous way they dealt with my dad's belongings that were in the possession of his girlfriend of ten+ years and his *cough* burial...which by the way, he is still waiting for in the form of ashes in the back of someone's closet.
I wouldn't want to be standing near any of them when that karma comes back around!
*HUGS*

Kiwidoc,
I downloaded "Burren" and I want to tell you how beautiful it is! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to listen to it!
I'll gladly join you in that toast and I thank you for your comforting words!
If you want to do a search and pull up the thread "Pulling The Trigger On Memories", there you will find a few of my memories regarding my dad and some wonderful contributions by fellow members of Ironworks. A good read IMO.
Some of my stories (at least one that I can remember) have a ring of unhappiness to them, but where my dad was concerned it was always "all good" and that in itself is a wonderful thing to be able to carry in my heart!

*HUGGIN' YA ANYWAY*

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-18-2001).]

Old 06-18-2001, 11:26 AM   #37
Moni

Walks over to RudwDawg and softly kisses his brow.
So sorry you have to suffer pain my friend!
I wish there was something I could do to help!

*Gentle Hugs*
Moni

------------------

Old 06-18-2001, 11:28 AM   #38
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
well well well, what do we have here... hmm...

this looks like a... coffee shop? a starbucks carbon copy, i suppose not.

it looks like a great place to hang out and just have some fun!!!

do you guys have.. umm... hazelnut?

Here ya go, Chihuramut....

GrandRanger and I are gonna set up the chess board inna bit...

AFTER I read my comics. Do you play?

*hey, we need a chess forum!*

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 11:29 AM   #39
Neb
Account deleted by Request

What a nice place! I'll just have a mug of raspberry tea with LOTS of sugar, so much sugar that it's almost sugar with tea instead of tea with sugar.

Btw, Kiwi and Rudy, you have my sympathy, nothing worse than a headache, I had one last night, along with some nausea, that's why I went to bed early, about 3:25 AM
Old 06-18-2001, 11:29 AM   #40
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Walks over to RudwDawg and softly kisses his brow.
So sorry you have to suffer pain my friend!
I wish there was something I could do to help!

*Gentle Hugs*
Moni

AWWWWWW

*HUGS back*

I have such great friends.

------------------