Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2003, 12:41 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It's that time of the Month, but THIS Month is BAD guys.

Our Car's battery light is on as well as the Air isn't working (In Florida, that is BAD) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, We are VERY broke. (In the red infact) We have to pay the Tax on the House, and as our GREAT luck would have it, the car is about to break down, and the air is out. ugh. It seems we can't get a break. Living paycheck to paycheck is very depressing. I know many of you are dealing with this too.

We need to raise some serious money, and soon. I'm even thinking of putting up some of my most prized baseball cards on eBay, but I don't think they will sell well or at all. It's that bad.

If you could help out, please click here:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/donate.shtml

And if you have paypal, you can make an instant donation or at the bottom of that page, you will see my home address. This is very seriously bad. In a week or so, we'll have the bills for the Ironworks internet conenction, and at this moment, we can't even pay that (or a few other bills).

For those that can't donate, I UNDERSTAND, and still love ya! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] too! [img]smile.gif[/img]

We just gotta raise some money, and fast as possible, or we are very screwed. God.. I WISH TO GOD Microsoft would have kept their agreement. sigh.

Thanks guys,

Dan

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 03-24-2003, 09:40 AM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Okay, Z, I sent some via PayPal. Hope it helps. I've never heard of Mircrosoft ever treating anybody right on any deal, BTW.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:56 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Okay, Z, I sent some via PayPal. Hope it helps. I've never heard of Mircrosoft ever treating anybody right on any deal, BTW.
I hear ya. It would have *so* solved our money issues.

All this and now the war going on, geez man, it's all depressing.

Thanks for helping Timber, every bit will help! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

[ 03-24-2003, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 03-24-2003, 12:14 PM   #4
realbinky
Elminster

Z, I am also currently of the paycheck to paycheck school of life. I would be better off assisting you in fixing your car, thus saving some cash there. Interested in some tips on that, or are you only (only, hah!) a computer genius, leaving the auto work to others?
Old 03-24-2003, 09:02 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Aw god...fine time to spend all my money! Sorry, Z...If I had any dough, I'd send ya some! Hope you get it all fixed!
Old 03-25-2003, 02:36 AM   #6
Lil Lil

ACK! You know I was supposed to start a substitute teaching job 2 weeks ago but since Spring Break started and my best male friend from my childhood days ended up in Kuwait/Iraq, I haven't been getting more than an hour or two sleep every night and that only comes with exhaustion...now that spring break is over, my roomie will be sleeping days again (hopefully) and I...with help from God above...will be able to resume a normal sleeping pattern without worry or snoring keeping me awake.

Bottom line...the job will pay 50.00 a day and I'll be happy to contribute some of that to IW's cause...I know you work really hard to keep this place alive.

I doubt I can be of any immediate help though and the summer months will be payless ones for me...I have few living expenses with the exception of needing to buy a new cord for the dishwasher RIGHT NOW and replacing the outside flood lights that blew out when the cord that is on it now caught fire 2 nights ago!

Old 03-25-2003, 04:19 AM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Ah man, I'm really sorry to hear that Ziroc. If I had any money, I'd send it to you but I'm pretty much in the hole myself, plus I don't even have a credit card to send by [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] Hmmm but... my mom might have a usable credit card, she gets them in the mail nearly every week. I'll check with her and see if I can get her to cough some up, a son's influence

But I don't get it, what happened with Microsoft?

[ 03-25-2003, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 03-25-2003, 08:17 AM   #8
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
But I don't get it, what happened with Microsoft?
Some time back, M$ wanted to buy the name "Ironworks" from Ziroc, as he has copyrighted it. They offered alot of money for it, $45,000 to be precise, and Ziroc agreed. But then, M$ stepped back from the deal, not wanting to use the name after all.

Anyway, I'm really sorry to hear this, Z, and I would like to help out, but I really don't have any spare money right now.
Best wishes for a better future.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:35 AM   #9
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

until my TV series goes into production i'm broke too, I'll be sure to donate to you when the availability is given to me, at this moment though I'm as bad off as Sir G. all I can offer you is my thoughts and prayres to aid your economic situation. Good luck, I hope enough people find the time in their hearts to keep this great establishment running, and fix your car [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 10:19 AM   #10
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'll have a check in the mail Thursday.