Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2002, 10:00 AM   #1
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Ermmm I am seriously thinking about a weekly or perhaps daily discussion thread where Escapees can voice their opinions more "officially" and publicly and discuss ideas between themselves but i wanted more feed back to check if anyone was interested [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2002, 10:02 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

We do that anyway, dear! It's what GD is all about! Serious stuff, fun stuff, educational stuff....it's all welcome in GD and most of the 'discusssions' have threads dedicated to them by topic. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2002, 10:06 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

What Cloudy says is true, Whacky. That's what General Conversation forum is all about. Now, if you want to create a thread on a specific topic, of course feel free to, but that happens all the time here anyway.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-23-2002, 10:09 AM   #4
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
We do that anyway, dear! It's what GD is all about! Serious stuff, fun stuff, educational stuff....it's all welcome in GD and most of the 'discusssions' have threads dedicated to them by topic. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ermm Cloudy what i meant was something that didnt require a special thread, things like scientific or perhaps philosophical views where one idea would lead to another and so on, or perhaps on political views just random thoughts .... like that [img]smile.gif[/img] awaiting more feedback
Old 10-23-2002, 10:17 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
Ermm Cloudy what i meant was something that didnt require a special thread, things like scientific or perhaps philosophical views where one idea would lead to another and so on, or perhaps on political views just random thoughts .... like that [img]smile.gif[/img] awaiting more feedback
Rather than ask people, whacky, just create one and see how it goes! [img]smile.gif[/img] It does sound interesting.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-23-2002, 10:19 AM   #6
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
quote:
Rather than ask people, whacky, just create one and see how it goes! [img]smile.gif[/img] It does sound interesting.

-Sazerac
[/QUOTE]Thanks Saz. I'll do that sometime tomorrow, now i'll just go back to my exam preparations [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2002, 10:19 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ahh, I see! Well, try it whacky! Lots of threads get more than one topic in them by virtue of people discussing and adding ideas! But you won't know how it works til you try it. Create a topic and see what flies!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:55 AM   #8
Arvon
Unicorn

One of the serious problem with a discussion thread is the format of this board. With this format it is one has to scan the entire list of post. Note that Cloudy's post become several pages long. This take a long time to scan everything to find out if some point has already been made. The 3DO board used an 'outline form' with titles for each post. This worked well but that board is going away in November.

I'm not sure a real discussion thread can be accomadated.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 10-23-2002, 11:56 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ermm Cloudy what i meant was something that didnt require a special thread, things like scientific or perhaps philosophical views where one idea would lead to another and so on, or perhaps on political views just random thoughts .... like that [img]smile.gif[/img] awaiting more feedback [/QUOTE]And how is this different than any other discussion thread? We have MANY serious and non-serious discussions taking place all the time..

Just do it! Don't talk about doing it!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-23-2002, 12:50 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

What I think he is talking about,,,though he did not word it the way he wanted to...was that this thread he is looking to create would be a long-term thread...taking months in existance, instead of days. Generally, a thread lives a week, then dies away. He wants to see if enough people would be willing to donate to a constanly growing thread based on the ideals and strategies of one topic.
The idea is fun to entertain...and if it is a topic that I would enjoy contributing to, or learining from...I'll be there...but I hope that it does not get ruined by flames and such.