Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-06-2001, 10:46 PM   #1
Rohanna
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Your all going to get sick of me asking for help all the time I know, but I have Imoen and she can't cast spells? Not even to identify an object or in battle. The spell panel is all dark, and unable to be highlighted and clicked on. I've tried taking her armour and weapons off her, and I've checked that she has spells memorised. I also tried taking all her spells off then re adding them. Nada! Any ideas please? I read the manual yes =) Can't see anything as to why this isn't working?
Old 10-06-2001, 10:49 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hmm.. What part of the game is this taking place in? The beginning, while you're still in Irenicus's dungeon?
Old 10-06-2001, 10:56 PM   #3
Rohanna
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah that's it. Right at the beggining. Can I ask another question as well? I lost Jahiera at the start, does she ever come back, can she be ressurected or is she cactus for good?
Old 10-06-2001, 11:39 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to use spells with Imoen.. The only reason I can think of is that she is wearing armor, but you've covered that.. What do you mean by lost? As in, didn't accept her into the group, or she died? If you let her go, then she might be in Slums District, once you escape the dungeon. If she died, then you can have her resurrected (for 100 gp I think) at a Temple. You need to make your way out of the dungeon first.
Old 10-07-2001, 12:40 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, first of all, Identify, the spell, cannot be really accessed in the spells tab on the main screen, rather, you go to the inventory, right-click on the item, and then choose identify, then it asks you how, choose spell and no more spell. Get?

As for the others, just be reminded that most armors restricts the mage to cast spells if he/she is able to wear armor

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-07-2001, 02:03 AM   #6
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

just because a spell is in her book slots doesnt mean it's ready to go, just that it's queued up to be memorized. try sleeping and see if she still can't cast. cast a spell then look at her book and notice the difference between a ready spell and one thats memorized but cast.
Old 10-07-2001, 02:27 AM   #7
crymson77
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rohanna:
Your all going to get sick of me asking for help all the time I know, but I have Imoen and she can't cast spells? The spell panel is all dark,... ?
If the spell panel is dark and you have memorized your spells, check to see if she is wearing any armour. I know when I first picked her up I had a similar problem, untill I realized that I had put leather armor on her jst to keep her AC lower untill I could find her some magic items... Just a hunch though...
Old 10-07-2001, 10:38 PM   #8
Rohanna
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Firstly, thanks to everyone for responding =) Arghhhhh this is driving me crazy here. I've actually tried everything that's been suggested =( I knew you had to click on the item in inventory to identify it...doesn't allow me that option. I mean, the option to use a spell or scroll to identify is there, but it's dark, and you can't highlight or click on use spell to identify. I've taken armour and all weapons off, I've removed spells and re added them and rested many times....nothing is working. Maybe it's a glitch in the game, I don't know. I really don't want to start all over again although I guess it's not so bad if I'm right at the start but still. Are there any patches floating around online? Maybe I need a patch?

As for Jaheira, I still have her, she's just dead. Thanks Nanobyte =) Now I know she can be res'd!

Geez,I have so many questions you'd think I'd never played d&d before huh
Old 10-07-2001, 11:20 PM   #9
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

The most important thing in order for spells to work is
your character has to sleep in order to learn them and
every time you use them (the spells) you have to sleep
in order to get them recharged.
Next in order to Identify using an identify scroll you
don't need to sleep just open up your inventory and
see if you have an unused Identify scroll If not and
you haven't slept yet then you can't identify intill
you sleep or find an identify scroll. Look in all of
your teams inventory packs to see if they have an
inventory scroll place it in Imoens pack and then you
can use it to identify things that you put in your pack
that have not been identified you just have to RIGHT CLICK
with your mouse then when it asks would like to Identify
With SPELL or SCROLL pick which ever one your character
has ready. GOOD LUCK from The Crimsom Blade, never surrender never give up!!!!!

iablo:

------------------
The Blade Makes The Man
The Man Made The Blade
Death To All That Stand
In Their Way! BEWARE ALL!
Old 10-07-2001, 11:36 PM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I forgot to tell you you need to resurrect Jaheira right away don't leave the
area or se will be lost forever and if you are unable to resurrect her right
away the only way you can get her back is to restart! To restart now is no big
deal because you are still in the first area and have a Long, Long, Long, Long,
Long way to go in your case I would say 250 hours and alot of different quests
and you will need Jaheira for one or two later in the game!!
TTFN
iablo:

------------------
The Blade Makes The Man
The Man Made The Blade
Death To All That Stand
In Their Way! BEWARE ALL!