Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2002, 12:06 PM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

28 days later... anyone seen it? lol, actually, I'm going to watch with my college friends in oh, ten minuets or so hehe, I expect I'll come back and critise it [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehehe, yo Ben (aka the "Trickerster") you should write a review on it, and we can compare views lol, catch ya all later
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 04:46 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Bah, useless film, 3 outa 10 :@ I've added it to my worst films seen this year... its at the top of the list... :@ sooo stupid, useless plot, utterly useless main char, predicatable, he makes stupid blunders... bah! The entire plot didnt make any sense! :@ erm, well, this is how I saw it anyway... lol, I'll reply later when some one else replies, and we can have a convo about it [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol
Old 11-04-2002, 09:54 AM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">I was planning on seeing it either tonight, or wednesday. I'll still probably go, as I have seen everything else out at the moment. But I'll try and make them see something else. The trailor is very vague, virus, then zombies?

</font>
Old 11-04-2002, 02:03 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">Seeing it tonight. Hope it ain't as bad as I'm expecting!</font>
Old 11-04-2002, 02:52 PM   #5
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

heh, hope you enjoy it more then I did
Old 11-05-2002, 04:37 AM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">To be honest, I did think it was alright. Wasn't great, but I didn't leave dissapointed.

It started slow,and then sped up. The story line was very thin, but it worked. It didn't need that much detail.There were a few scary moments, and that's what the film was there to do.It was alright!

Dnt know why you didn't like it that much!

The only thing is, the ending, I think it ended a bit quick. Easy escape from the story.</font>
Old 11-05-2002, 06:45 AM   #7
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

several things: SPOLIERS!

~

first off, WHY or HOW did the chimps get infected? they made them watch violent stuff right? And obviously tampered with their genes to make them more prone to violence... how did it jump to humans? they didnt explain it that well. Still I guess there wasnt much need for it to be focused upon...

second, right, so this guy goes around in the middle of deserted city yelling "hello". What an IDIOT. its OBVIOUS theres no one around... so then he enters a corpse ridden church. And still yells "HELLO!" its OBVIOUS the corpses are gonna get up...

thrid. he escapes. he meets two others. they tell him whats happened, how these things hunt at night. So what does the idiot do? he lights a candle, in the middle of "hostile terriorty" (to borrow a phrase) AND then draws attention to himself, what an IDIOT. your surrounded by hostiles, you DONT give away your position.

I could go on, but I wont. the whole story stinks. the lines are tacky. its graphical, over the top, but not that scary. Some of it was sick, but not scary. like when he puts his fingers in the soldier's eyes... he could have choked him to death insted. It was unessarily disgusting, and crude. imho. there was a LOT wrong with this film. I'd give it 3 outa 10. it was unorignal, predicatble, and the main character made too many blunders. I would have thortaled him myself... [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, but thats why I was dissapointed about it. It WAS ok, I suppose. but... it still wasnt what I'd call a "good film".
Old 11-06-2002, 02:55 PM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">Disagree still dude, it was watchable.

Wasn't brilliant, but I'm not as dissapointed as you seem to have been! It wasn't that bad. Just watchable!</font>
Old 11-11-2002, 12:34 AM   #9
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

CD, with a thread header "28 days later" I was expecting something completely different. Let's just say that I expected it to end with a review of an early pregnancy kit. [img]graemlins/1drinkspit.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2002, 06:04 AM   #10
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

LOL Antryg! Its a bloody film. didnt you see the previews for it?

Lavindathar: yeah, I was kinda hoping more for it. lol still, it was watchable I s'pose.