Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-17-2003, 04:00 AM   #1
Bernardo
Manshoon

I still have to finish BG2 SoA and ToB and I'm playing as good.
once finished I'd like to try playing as evil.
I just wanted to know what allgnment do you prefer.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:08 AM   #2
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Question Mark

It is a strange thing... In real life, I am undoubtedly evil. examples are many, and listing them here is an offtopic. So the logical outcome would be that I have to prefer evil-aligned chars in RPGs...

It is not so. Almost all of my games I play a good char (or neutral, with a solid good bias). Most of the RPGs are disigned for good characters (Fallout series are an exception... sweeping clean all the California was great [img]smile.gif[/img] ), having an overwhelming number of good quests, yielding major experience points just for good deeds and such... It is not a fair play. And I just want to play a game and enjoy it, not think of how my evil char would do it, and every time sacrifising major quests and items just because the quest-giver sounds not so rich and promising of a reward (Umar Hills quest as an example... Delon the poor boy. No evil guy would ever listen to him IMHO...)

So, the answer to your question is this: I play goodies.

[ 06-17-2003, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]
Old 06-17-2003, 04:12 AM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
It is a strange thing... In real life, I am undoubtedly evil. examples are many, and listing them here is an offtopic. So the logical outcome would be that I have to prefer evil-aligned chars in RPGs...

It is not so. Almost all of my games I play a good char (or neutral, with a solid good bias). Most of the RPGs are disigned for good characters (Fallout series are an exception... sweeping clean all the California was great [img]smile.gif[/img] ), having an overwhelming number of good quests, yielding major experience points just for good deeds and such... It is not a fair play. And I just want to play a game and enjoy it, not think of how my evil char would do it, and every time sacrifising major quests and items just because the quest-giver sounds not so rich and promising of a reward (Umar Hills quest as an example... Delon the poor boy. No evil guy would ever listen to him IMHO...)

Yeah right... I really doubt you know what being evil really mean. How many person have you killed/maimed/tortured yet?
Old 06-17-2003, 04:13 AM   #4
Bernardo
Manshoon

Light Bulb

Although I like good alignment I'd like even to try making Minsc go mad doing evil things...
Old 06-17-2003, 04:16 AM   #5
Bernardo
Manshoon

I didn't quite kill any good man for now... not ither tortured anibody!!
Old 06-17-2003, 08:59 AM   #6
Agent Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I normally play good, but there is one time when i tried to use my good party to killing every single person in that area map...
Old 06-17-2003, 09:43 AM   #7
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:

Yeah right... I really doubt you know what being evil really mean. How many person have you killed/maimed/tortured yet? [/QUOTE]but lets remember that there are many different kinds of evil. not all evil (wo)men kill/torture/maim. stealing, dealing drugs(especially to children), sabotage and vandalizm are all fine examples of modern day evil acts. im not saying that TaSSaDaR is evil, i even doubt it, but it could be. if so, then shame on you TaSSaDaR !

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:47 AM   #8
IronDragon
Elminster

No matter how hard I try I just can’t force myself to play an evil character. I hate ever minute of it. I keep wanting to donate money to needy good temples and rescue small children and animals. Worse is the fact I can’t stand any of the evil NPC’s.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:00 PM   #9
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I role-played every alignment with low to high succes, chaotic neutral & true neutral being the lowest and I really dont have a favorite. @ char creation I simply click on whatever alignment my mouse hovers over and take that one. Then I play to find out new stuff and new combos and such. I mean, lets face it, having a chaotic evil alignment doesn't exclude you from ANY quest in the game, despite the fact that you are a complete unstable, homocidal psycho.

The only situation where I would want to pick a certain alignment is when I need to buy the good items ASAP from the early merchants, and then I naturally pick SUPER-HUMANLY-AMAZINGLY-FRIENDLY-NEIGHBOURHOOD-GOODNESS.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:29 PM   #10
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Neutral evil is a very good alignment to roleplay, especially if you are a powergamer.

It basically requires you to roleplay selfishness, and ask yourself 'what is in this for me' to every quest (and there is usually some good reward at the end...). So it is posible to consistently roleplay an 'evil' alignment and reap substantial rewards