Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2000, 09:25 PM   #1
G.W.

I did/am planning the following:
PC Blade--katana, long sword, dual wield mastery, (and short bow and hammer as next prof's)
Minsc--flail and dual wield mastery
Korgan--halberd
Jaheria--quarterstaff and sling

PC Kensai-mage--katana, axe and dual wield mastery
Minsc--flail and dual wield
Keldorn--??? (Not sure what to give him.)
Yoshimo (dual class fighter)--long sword, short bow, dual wield mastery (hammer as future prof)

Old 12-22-2000, 09:41 PM   #2
Saithana

Reasonably early on you find two really good axes, so I gave Minsc 2 Weapon Style and Axe. He comes with Mace. I gave him Flail so he could wield the Flail of Ages (since my Cleric didn't have enough Str).

Eventually my Cleric will have the Crom Faer hammer and the Shield of the Lost or the Shield of Reflection.

Minsc will have the Flail of Ages, the two cool Axes (Stonefire and Azure-edge from meory), the Mace of Disruption and another Mace +3 (extra damage against humanoids, I think I picked it up in the underdark).

Jaheira has the Staff of Rhynn (a +4 staff you can buy from the Adventurer's mart very early on - for a long time it was the only weapon I had to hit golems!), the Club + 3 Black Blood and the Dragon Scale Shield.

Jan has a +4 dagger I got of a drow priestess. Aerie and Imoen both have Cleric Staves +3. None of these three ever hit anything in melee however - they all have missile weapons. I hit the minus key to select them then click on a monster, and said monster dies under a barrage of arrows. Both Jan and Imoen have bows of speed and Aeire has the +5 sling that requires no ammo, so in the space of a round, eight missiles hit the target (along with acid, lightning, fire, whatever from the arrows).

Interestingly, not a single one of my party has proficiency in long sword!

Old 12-23-2000, 02:19 AM   #3
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

I gave My PC an prof on dagger (what daggers???? Yeah he's a mage duh)
Valygar Katana's and dualwielding so he now dual wields his own katana = celestiac fury (kik ass combo)
my Paladin has profs on 2H sword + 2H weapon style so that he will wield Carsoyer(? Holy avenger)
Viconia hammers and flails and my
assassin long sword

This may be niuce too
my magic party

my necromancer - staff (holy mage staff)
fighter/mage (dual class) - Katana's celestial fury + dar'rok katana (+spell mem.)
blade - long sword + basterd sword - Jor the bleeder + blade of roses
swasbuckler mage(dual) - long sword - The equilizer + Adria the drinker
Ranger/cleric (dual) - Hammer + mace Crom Feayr + wyverns tail
Cleric/mage (multi)- Flail of ages + Schield of reflection or some other sword
Old 12-23-2000, 02:47 AM   #4
Armisael

Armisael - two-handed blades, axes, two-handed mastery
Korgan - axes, shieldfighting
Jaheira - spears, two-handed mastery
Viconia - slings, shieldfighting
Edwin - slings
Jan - shortbows

Old 12-23-2000, 07:14 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have a fighter with longswords and Katana, dual class wielding, no fancy disatnace weapons here, boots of speed, protection against undead, potion of magic resitance or equal.., Helm of Defence, 10% magic resitance amulette, Full plate +2, now since I´m in underdark a +3, girdle of frost giant strength. Fast, lethal and deals out a multitude of damage with Blade of roses, flame tounge, sword of ray and the soul drinker, looking for final parts to vorpal blade..

Aerial, robe of (the one from Deidre) Helm of Balduran, girdle of hill giant strength, I found it in this game but in my previous ones.. Sling +3 +str adjustment, flail of ages, shield of reflection, ring of air elemental, and a ring of free action.

jaheira, Full plate+1, scimitar +2, blackblood club, sling +5, Helm of charmprotection, girlde of piercig.

Minsc the talking sworf +3, strong arm bow and a cool helm and a leather that gives alot of resitances. gave him the dragon halbard and profiency with it, heard about the waveblad...

THiefs, usually get a cloak of the sewers, dark night armour or gift of the night it might be called, don´t remember so well since I´m still lost in DoD 3:rd ed writing a cruel and hard adventure for some friends.. hehehe... A multitude of shortdwords for dualfighting and shortbow profiencies!

Wel thats about it, you take the coolest items and make your characters mold after it,after the first time a I actually changed my fighters profiency with bastard swords since there are really few good weapons early n for that profiency.

Well Nice to see what you all are doing with your characters, gives U alot of Ideas. However I´m not fond of staffs though, only when I used Nalia the first time yesterday in a new gaem did i ralize the power of a +4 staff, yep Golems!

Howl with me!
Santa is dualwielding to vicous whips!
Old 12-23-2000, 09:33 AM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

PC fighter- grand mastery in katana and sword and shield skill for celestial fury and later added dual weapon skill and 1 in warhammers for Crom Fayr which I now wield in my off hand purely to get strength 25.
Minsc- Double handed swords, double handed weapons, long bow then added to short bow to use the bow that doesn't need ammo. Uses vorpl sword
Jahiera- Watershed scimitar +3, sword and shield skill, slings
Viconia- flail skill to use flail of ages, slings
Aerie- mace skill for maulers arm and sling skill for sling +5
Imoen- quarter staff, double handed weapons, short bow. Has staff of Magi and Gesens bow
Old 12-23-2000, 09:34 AM   #7
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

PC fighter- grand mastery in katana and sword and shield skill for celestial fury and later added dual weapon skill and 1 in warhammers for Crom Fayr which I now wield in my off hand purely to get strength 25.
Minsc- Double handed swords, double handed weapons, long bow then added to short bow to use the bow that doesn't need ammo. Uses vorpal sword
Jahiera- Watershed scimitar +3, sword and shield skill, slings
Viconia- flail skill to use flail of ages, slings
Aerie- mace skill for maulers arm and sling skill for sling +5
Imoen- quarter staff, double handed weapons, short bow. Has staff of Magi and Gesens bow