Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2008, 06:16 AM   #21
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Default Re: english premier league thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Best teams were Spain, Holland and Russia impo.
I think Turkey did their part to light up the tournement aswell. what i meant though was the best 11 players of the tournement put into a team
Old 07-03-2008, 07:14 AM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Apparently Chelsea now wants Fernando Torres for 60.000.000, they have completely lost their friggin minds overthere.

Asfar as i'm concerned there's only one thing that can put a stop to this insanity, and that's implemeting a salarycap in football. What you see now is the same select group of teams competing for the CL year after year, and i don't know how the bulk of the people think about that, but it's killing the sport for me. the CL has become too predictable, boring even. When bound by a salarycap, clubs like Chelsea and ManU, won't be able to snatch every half decent player away from their rivals, like they are doing now year after year.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #23
Target
Red Dragon

Is Man U not a feeder club for Madrid, Ruud V-N, Carlos Queiroz, Ron, and Gab Hinz... ha ha.
I know what you mean, I think a salarycap would be good, but the players (who have to much power) would not go for it, also the agents wouldn't like it.
If there was a cap, we might find out who is really the best manager, not the best at shopping!

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #24
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I totally agree with a salary cap. There was something on a football site I frequent about how Adebayor was moaning about his wages (and wants to leave Arsenal, but now wants to stay, etc.). Yet in a week he earns the annual amount for 2.6 people to live off in Britain. A week.

I'd play football for a grand a week very happily. What a job to have! Yes they're talented but come on, you play football for a living, the wages are ridiculous.

And about the players and agents not liking it, sod them, just whack some legislation out or something and force it on them.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #25
Target
Red Dragon

I get the feeling Adebayor was happy at Arsenal, it was his agent who trying to get if a big money move abroad. And sturing things up.
But the English game and playing for Arsenal with their stile suits Adebayor, if he goes to Italy, he won't score half as many goals.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 07-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #26
Lavindathar
Harper

I'm against a salary cap. If the clubs earn enough money via merchandise, ticket sales, tv etc etc, then impo, it should be passed onto the players.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #27
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Oh I agree we shouldn't blame them for success, but the money in the game is insane. £100k a week? A week!? If, when I'm older, I earn that in a year I'll be happy.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #28
Target
Red Dragon

The money they get is insane, I agree 100%.
If they can get a salary cap, with all the 'extra' money the clubs have they could lower ticket prices so normal fan can afford to go and not the 'prawn snadwhich' brigade.
That would also improve the atmosphere around the grounds!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #29
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... nowhere that I can recall has a salary cap resulted in lower ticket prices to the fans...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #30
Target
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
Hmmm... nowhere that I can recall has a salary cap resulted in lower ticket prices to the fans...
I know, but we can all dream, it would be nice for the teams and players to give something back to the fans!