Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 03:02 AM   #31
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
[qb] It is a good win Johnny though scotland are not rated that highly. But with the pakistan coaches murder the world cup is now a sideshow.

What gets me is that the police now confirm strangulation. How the hell did it take so many days to come up with that, the killer has had too much time to hide his tracks. This has been incompetantly handled.
I know i could look this up googling for it, but were the Dutch completely helpless against the Aussies, or did they at least put up a fight ?
[/QUOTE]They were completely incompetent and were smashed. In football terms it was like losing 10-0 to Brazil.

Quote:
Still strange that a team that represents our country on a worldstage doesn't, or hardly gets any recognition. My info regarding the game against the Scots comes directly from the BBC, no program on Dutch television thought it was worth mentioning apparently, friggin shame.
I thought Nederlanders' win was more impressive given that they haven't imported any West Indians, Indians, Pakistanis, Australians or Poms in their side.

Quote:
So who are the big favourites for the crown ? Australia ? South Africa perhaps ? Or is this a game where being the best is no garantee at all, kinda like in football ? Fill me in guys, i'm willing to learn. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Being the best in cricket generally increases your chances at victory, bit like basketball. Upsets are rare (which is why the Ireland v Pak match is being celebrated). The favourites are the OZ and the Saffas.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:38 AM   #32
Target
Red Dragon

So, who will win the big one today, India V SL?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:53 PM   #33
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, India are out. If I were Greg Chappell, I wouldn't bother going back to India for safety reasons!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #34
Target
Red Dragon

I think there is still a very very slim chance of India going through, but highly unlikely. I just hope England puts in a Good preformance today...if the weather stays bad, I could even see England going out, as they never start scoring well, Duckworth-lewis could spell trouble!!
But both pakistan and india going out at this stage is good for all the others in the super 8.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:12 PM   #35
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
Hell yeah! we (NZ) start with 2 points, and get to play Ireland & Bangladesh!!!

Although those damned aussies looked pretty good against the south africans...

heres hoping Ponting gets hit on the head with a coconut or something...
Old 03-25-2007, 11:25 PM   #36
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Hell yeah! we (NZ) start with 2 points, and get to play Ireland & Bangladesh!!!

Although those damned aussies looked pretty good against the south africans...

heres hoping Ponting gets hit on the head with a coconut or something...
Don't even joke about it, man. That shit happens!
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:53 AM   #37
wellard
Dracolisk

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Well, India are out. If I were Greg Chappell, I wouldn't bother going back to India for safety reasons!
Not after Woolmers murder! reminds me of the soccer world cup a few years ago when a player was killed after the cup because he scored an own goal.

BTW any thoughts on Inzy being questioned 3 times by the police?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 AM   #38
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Quote:

Still strange that a team that represents our country on a worldstage doesn't, or hardly gets any recognition. My info regarding the game against the Scots comes directly from the BBC, no program on Dutch television thought it was worth mentioning apparently, friggin shame.
it had a small header in several newspapers :|
Old 03-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #39
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
Oy Vey!

Scotland are 83 for 8 against the Dutch! Holland eally excel on those flat pitches!
Did your brother enjoy his trip to Eindhoven ? It was right during carnaval festivities, so he must have been able to come back home with a collection of rare idiotic hats and stuff. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Donut got the shock of his life when he arrived in Einhoven - complete and utter madness apparently!
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #40
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yep, everyone dresses up like an idiot and goes on a drunken rampage for four days in a row, only this time there also happened to be a footballmatch scheduled. The whole stadium must have smelled like alcohol no doubt.